No announcement yet.

DVD Fab v9.3.1.6 (Win)won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try it and see if it works this is troubleshooting if you don't try it you won't know if it's your cables security program Fab had a problem with Bit defender security in the past this is a logic step in finding a cure.

Comment

Out of Ideas....

Closed out internet protection...... Downloaded 9.3.1.6 same thing happened...
      uninstalled 9.3.1.6 installed 9.3.1.5 worked ok.. then I closed it out...tried to reopen it and got this file is corruted may be broken... 9.3.1.6 would not even open... rebooted and tried again to no avail... Files from 9.3.1.5 enclosed in zip files.. Please respond... I tried everything I could think of.. only thing I can MAYBE think of would be if you have a .exe file that you know works to send it to me to try.. when I first upgraded it was from 9.3.1.5... after that it was from the site you told me to go to... I am using Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 over a year ago.. no problems until 9.3.1.5 was upgraded to 9.3.1.6. I am at the conclusion that it was not my internet protect stopping it from working.. agree???
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Cajun LaFitte; 09-28-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Does your graphics card have the latest driver update ??
        Last edited by october262; 09-29-2016, 01:02 AM.

Comment

(Tried to reopen it and got this file is corrupted may be broken..)
          Where is this message coming from??????
          Is it coming from the security program that should be off?
          Did you follow every step i told you to?????
          Do we even have a log file with the newest version of Fab that don't work for you we don't need logs that did work we need the latest log for the latest version of fab even if it don't work that's the log we need the whole log from Fab version number to the very end we don't need any old logs.

Comment

Work with me Here...3dman7

1...Yes I did what you said.. and if you read my reply I got the same message as I originally posted...also included the Log files both from 9.3.1.6 and the latest from 9.3.1.5 ..... I cannot open them due to the error I am getting... I have reinstalled each one and after it opened I copies the files and attached them here... I have attached a picture of the message... it is coming from
            DVD Fab after I try to open 9.3.1.5... what other logs do you want???? I have tried to give you as much information as possible. I can only open it ONE time to get to the log.. when I close it out and try to repoen it the message in the picture is what comes up.....is that what you want??? OPEN the files I have already attached....Just let me know if you want me to reinstall 9.3.1.6 and get the log after I open it>>> it's already in one of these messages.
            Attached Files

Comment

Go to page one.... the first zip file i enclosed is from 9.3.1.6 scroll down to the bottom and you will see it..

Comment

Restart your computer in safe mode. Then try running dvdfab.

Comment

October262.... Nothing

I rebooted in safe mode and tried to open DVDFab... Here is a picture of the message.... also after I rebooted I downloaded 9.3.1.6 again and it opened ONE time only.. while it was open I zipped a couple of files and attached them here. I closed out DVDFab and when I tried to reopen it I got the message in the picture about it being corrupted.. Thank you for your patience..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Try going into windows own firewall settings and slect
                    Restore default settings. Try starting dvdfab.

Temporarily disable your computer's antivirus software
                    try starting dvdfab.

Comment

Right click white windows box on far left corner to Go to command prompt admin.Type in chkdsk/r then enter this will take awhile it may have to be done next time you restart computer if it gives you that message click on yes and restart computer it will check you disk and files for errors and missing corrupt windows files and repair them IF IT CAN.Remember to wait till its all done it will give you a full report takes awhile to do.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                        Try going into windows own firewall settings and slect
                        Restore default settings. Try starting dvdfab.

Temporarily disable your computer's antivirus software
                        try starting dvdfab.
                        Didn't work Sorry.... still comes back with the corrupt file message
                        BTW what time zone are you in? I'm in central dst I'ts 4:42 pm here but the post is 5 hours ahead...
                        Last edited by Cajun LaFitte; 09-29-2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

3cman7

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                          Right click white windows box on far left corner to Go to command prompt admin.Type in chkdsk/r then enter this will take awhile it may have to be done next time you restart computer if it gives you that message click on yes and restart computer it will check you disk and files for errors and missing corrupt windows files and repair them IF IT CAN.Remember to wait till its all done it will give you a full report takes awhile to do.
                          This is what happened....
                          Got the message in the first picture..
                          put in Y and hit enter..
                          restarted computer.......
                          after it started I got the next picture.. also asked about HPHewlittPackerd and then about Google Chrome... but nothing happened after that..
                          Patiently awaiting reply... Forgot to tell you... I tried the chkdsk/r again but got the 1st picture again...nothing happened.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Cajun LaFitte; 09-29-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Try adding dvdfab to the windows data execution prevention -
                            http://www.online-tech-tips.com/wind...f-dep-windows/ Try starting dvdfab.

Comment

New version??

You guys have been patient with me and given me a lot to do and think about and I appreciate the help and advice however I think I am going to wait and continue to check the Forum for a New Version first. Download it and see what happens.. For the last several years I have NOT ever had any problems with DVDFab working until I upgraded to v9.3.1.6 and this has me confused... I have not done anything to the computer to have to make all these changes. What I don't understand also is the fact that I can run DVDFab ONE time and make several copies and works just fine, however when I close DVDFab and try to open it back up later I get the file is corrupted... why? anyway thank you BOTH for your help. I just hope the next version works..if not I will make that decision then...may have to ask for your help again.. Please let me know your time zone and when you will be on ..
                              Again Thank You.

Comment

Hi Cajun LaFitte
                                Sorry to see your having so much trouble. If I may ask do you need pando media booster? If not I would uninstall it but, first what kind of virus protection are you using?
                                I would run Revo Uninstaller Pro found here http://filehippo.com/download_revo_uninstaller_pro/ because pando media booster does not uninstall nicely.
                                Next run the free version of Malware Bytes found here http://filehippo.com/download_malwar..._anti_malware/
                                You may need to run Malware Bytes first, make sure that you install both programs with administrators privileges.
                                Your first pic shows that chkdsk should have worked???
                                I live in the Eastern Time (US & Canada)
                                Hope this helps
                                CBR929
                                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X