This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help with dvd drive recognition

High I am new to the site I did look it over and did not find an answer to my question. I run windows vista, my dvd drive is "pbds dvd + rw ds-8w1pata"
    And my question is dvdfad no longer recognizes my DVD burner. It did before and now it just stopped, it will pick it up on source but it will not pick up the DVD burner on target. Any ideas please!

Your computer finds it just fine? Have you updated the drive's Firmware or anything?

Comment

Yes my computer and all other programs find it just fine. I have tried to update the firmware but there is no newer version available yet that I could find. I tried on installing the whole drive and then reinstalling it, that did nothing. I also went into the dvd fad6 folder in my c drive and uninstalled the PC setup for the vso engine and then reinstalled it. That at least started to show the DVD burner again. But in the main program it still does not show up in the target column.

Comment

What version of DVDFab are you using? Did the problem start with a version change?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have dvd fad 6.2.0.5 I cannot pinpoint exactly when the problem started because I usually just copy to my hard drive, I very rarely make dvd copies. But I think it started with the updated before this new one that just came out.

Comment

EJNE11,

I have no issues with DVDFab 6.2.0.5 registered version. I am able to use it under Vista and Windows 7. What I can suggest is take note of the error you receive if you do see one and post again or take a screen shot and save it in M$ paint.

You can also download and install vso inspector which is free so it can scan your dvd drive with all its features that it came with and maybe someone else can see something that others don't pick up right away.

Originally posted by EJNE11 View Post
            I have dvd fad 6.2.0.5 I cannot pinpoint exactly when the problem started because I usually just copy to my hard drive, I very rarely make dvd copies. But I think it started with the updated before this new one that just came out.

Comment

I have the full version and I've never had this problem before in all my other programs including image burn it recognizes and uses my DVD burner. But lately in dvdfad it just stopped appearing in the target you know where you tell it where you want it to go either to a file or to the burner but the burner is no longer present. When I put a DVD in my computer the source picks it up in dvdfad and processes it and I can only copy it to a file. it will no longer see my DVD burner because it does not appear in the target area.

Comment

here is a screen shot.
                Attached Files

Comment

Are you using Vista Home Premium? Also do you have both McAfee and Microsoft Security Essentials installed? If yes for all 3 then that would be the problem and you would need to do a few things to fix your problem

Comment

yes to all 3

Comment

yes to all 3
                      Hi EJNE11,

Sorry about asking the obvious, but I can't tell for sure from your screenshot or your posts...

Are you able to force recognition....by this I mean click on the folder icon to the far right of the Target bar.
                      This should populate all locations on your pc (similar to windows explorer)
                      like so:
                      Attached Files
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

no this dose not work.

Comment

I am not able to force recognition. it just put's the dvd drive as a file,if I try to burn from there it will err out not able to find file.

Comment

It sounds like your still using the default burn engine VSO, right?
                            There are a couple of things I can think of to troubleshoot this, but frankly, I'd try Img as your selected burn engine.

Go into device manager, scroll to or near the bottom to find VSO.
                            Click on it to expand.
                            Now delete all instances of patin-couffin driver.
                            The most recent versions of VSO utlilize SPTI.

Check in Fab > Common Settings > Read > I/O Mode, select SPTI.
                            If this doesn't work, try Auto and if still no luck try ASPI.

As a last resort you can install VSO again...the easiest way to do this is to just install Fab again and be certain that VSO is ticked on for installation.

Like I said, it it were me, I'd just dowmload and install Img.
                            It is extremely reliable and much more configurable.
                            Most of us agree, it is the best burn utlity of its kind, on the planet.

Here's some info...download link, descriptions and some great video tutorials ny troy512 on how to set it up with Fab:

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDab to work together
                            Last edited by maineman; 11-27-2009, 04:33 PM.
                            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi,
                              Even I am facing same problem.
                              I downloaded DVDFab6 from net. Two movies ripped and burnt , consuming 3 hrs each. Then third movie was read but not burnt.
                              I tried to Reset DMA but could not reset Not Applicable to DMA.
                              In registry HKey_Local_Machine\.....\000x, there is no SlaveIdDataCheckSum option to delete & then reboot to reset DMA. Even I would not locate Upper & Lower filters to delete. Try out for above steps if it may help u in case.
                              Anuli
                              High I am new to the site I did look it over and did not find an answer to my question. I run windows vista, my dvd drive is "pbds dvd + rw ds-8w1pata"
                              And my question is dvdfad no longer recognizes my DVD burner. It did before and now it just stopped, it will pick it up on source but it will not pick up the DVD burner on target. Any ideas please!

Comment

Working...
                              X