Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolby Atmos

i have Transformers Age of Extinction
    It has a Dolby Atmos audio, is itpossible to copy the Atmos?

Yes, it is supported for Copy mode, but some software players can't handle it. For Ripper, I suggest using the 5.1 track if you are converting the audio to AAC for a mobile device or to save space. I have not tried it but the 7.1 crashes the audio decoder currently.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Yes, it is supported for Copy mode, but some software players can't handle it. For Ripper, I suggest using the 5.1 track if you are converting the audio to AAC for a mobile device or to save space. I have not tried it but the 7.1 crashes the audio decoder currently.

Comment

There are a few posts over on the Doom9 forum about this 'Dolby Atmos' issue...

At the current time, the audio splitter in most (if not all) software media players don't know how to process the Dolby TrueHD with Atmos audio stream. The same may also be true for a lot of hardware media players/devices. Indeed, none of my LG TV's can play such sources.

And many software muxing/de-muxing applications also throw up error warnings
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

This is very interesting, indeed. I did notice that Media Player Classic - Home Cinema choked on it but only if I went to another point in the film. The screen freezes and I have to end the process from Windows Task Manager. However, CyberLink PowerDVD 12 seems to play it very well without the aforementioned freezes when moving to another point in the film.

Comment

Same file that played in software players mentioned in my previous post when burned to a disc does not play at all. The standalone player, whether that be a PC, a PS3 or a PS4, doesn't even recognize the disc and it either shows up as "Unsupported Disc" or nothing at all.

Looks like we're entering the Atmos Fear!

It's good I don't normally make backup discs because it has no problem at all playing in my AIOS Media Center media player.

Comment

DVDFab Media Player 2 (v2.4.3.9) seems to handle it well. I made an ISO with only the HD stream that plays fine, likewise on TMT6 (v6.5.1.150). Have not tried any of my hardware players yet.

I think it's atmosphobia.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It seems to play fine in pre-Cinavia players but not in the newer players. I compressed it to a 25GB (full disc) disc and all was well on my old Panasonics but would not plkay on my newer Samsung.

Comment

DVDFab Media Player 2 (v2.4.3.9) seems to handle it well. I made an ISO with only the HD stream that plays fine, likewise on TMT6 (v6.5.1.150). Have not tried any of my hardware players yet.

I think it's atmosphobia.
                  Yep... The Dolby Atmos sample now plays okay using DVDFab Media Player 2.4.3.9.

Great work devs
                  I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                  I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

The problem with Ripper will be corrected in a new release of DVDFab next week.

Comment

The problem with Ripper will be corrected in a new release of DVDFab next week.
                      Do you know if the Devs have found a way of allowing you to save the Dolby Digital core?

So far, I've been unable to find a 'third-party' application that's able to remove the Dolby Digital core from a TrueHD 'Atmos' stream...

Cheers

Comment

Hi SMD
                        I was only able to get very limited information on this before the holiday started, which means we probably won't know more until next week. If I understand your question, I think it should not be an issue for BD Copy modes unless the Remove HD Audio option is exercised. I think the disc authors anticipated Atmos issues on some players and thus provided the handy 5.1 stream. For Ripper, the Copy Audio option prevents the decoder crash and preserves the original audio.

Comment

This disk won't play the audio in both Fab preview players couldn't even play the other sound tracks maybe they can fix this also (using windows 7).Seems older version 8 can play all the other soundtracks except the 7.1 for some reason.

Doe's play in Powerdvd 11 from iso and cloned 50 gig disk but VLC player will only play the 5.1 track not the 7.1 track same with media player classic that wouldn't even play the picture unless 5.1 was picked.The disk does say for Dolby Atmos playback to use bit stream out and disable secondary audio.Also use the same soundtrack for regular Dolby 7.1 setups and the current generation of blu ray players is compatible with Dolby Atmos.I also tried the 3d bluray disk same results as the blu ray.

The new Atmos soundtrack seems to be in the 7.1 sound track and you need a decoder in your receiver to play it back most don't have this yet.Also need special speakers that point to the ceiling and are also forward facing or several ceiling speakers or speaker pods pointed towards the ceiling to go on top of your regular speakers or close to them pointed up towards the ceiling.Here is a link with more info. from Dolby labs on it.http://blog.dolby.com/2014/06/dolby-...ions-answered/

Maybe the Mods can put this in the home theater section when it opens seem a good topic to talk about now.

Comment

Preview can decode the AC-3/5.1 if you set it to Internal in Common Settings. It takes it a few seconds to make the change and synchronize if you are switching from the Atmos track.

Comment

This disk can be play the audio in Fab preview players in the latest version 9170.
                              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
                              X