DVDFab on Windows 10 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab on Windows 10 problem

DVDFab and DVD Fab Media player are not working properly with Windows 10. They appear to run correctly, but every time I start the programs, there is an error in the Windows Event log (DVDFab has stopped working or DVD FAb Media player has stopped working). Running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 doesn't fix this problem

i have the same issue.
    i am on windows 10 and am running dvdfab 9.2.1.
    when i try to ripp a dvd ,it start the process but that is it... it will not continue

Comment

Please attach the DVDFab internal log session for one of these instances and attach it to a post, the instructions are in my sig, below.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Windows 10 Locks up

Signal I noticed you were looking for a Internal log entry. I am having the same issues as above. Please see my log. At the bottom I did try to copy in different formats as noted on the bottom.

Comment

johnierw, nothing attached? Try again.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Fab & win 10

Strange as I am also running win 10 and fab works just fine like it did on XP also I am running the latest ver of fab, if you guys send the logs then maybe somebody can figure out whats wrong
            Paid Not To Work
            US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
            Proudly Served On
            USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
            6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Windows 10 Locks up

Ok I was finally able to create something that would upload without exceeding the size limitations

I ended up editing my log as it was over 300 pages long. I attached a snapshot of DVDFab 9.2.1.5 which worked flawlessly and then I upgraded to DVDFab 9.2.1.9 and my computer started locking up?

Thanks for whatever help you can provide!

Johnie
              Attached Files

Comment

This is also my Problem. DVDFab 9.2.1.9. generate Errors in the Event-Log while starting.

Ripping a DVD works properly, but ripping a Blu-ray don't work. The process starts, but thats it. Under Windows 8.1 all was fine!!!

Comment

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I am also having a problem when attempting to rip a Blu-ray with the newer versions.

First, it's very slow to open the disc, much slower than the earlier versions that work. As noted above, when you do get to the rip process, it starts, but that's it.

After installing any of the newer versions I find myself having to go back to version 9.2.1.4 (I don't have version 9.2.1.5 but it is noted above to also work). The discs open much faster and the Blu-ray ripping feature works with this version.

Comment

10 Minutes ago, i've installed and tried DVDFab 9.2.2.3. The Problem is still the same.

I hope, that somebody at Fengtao works fast on solving this issue.

Meanwhile ... how can i get the Version 9.2.1.4 or 9.2.1.5??

Comment

Originally posted by sherlogg View Post
                      10 Minutes ago, i've installed and tried DVDFab 9.2.2.3. The Problem is still the same.

I hope, that somebody at Fengtao works fast on solving this issue.

Meanwhile ... how can i get the Version 9.2.1.4 or 9.2.1.5??
                      make sure that you are running dvdfab "as administrator "
                      older versions of dvdfab are not supported and not recommended.
                      only current/latest versions are supported.

Comment

I'm running DVDFab as Admin ... of course!

Comment

Originally posted by sherlogg View Post
                          I'm running DVDFab as Admin ... of course!
                          click common settings in the upper right corner and then
                          click the default button. restart dvdfab and try again.

Comment

It was a completely new DVDFab installation on a completley new Windows 10 Pro installation, but nevertheless, i've used the Standard-Button in the DVDFab Settings.

No result ...

Comment

I just booted to Windows 10 Pro to try to reproduce the problem you guys are having. I clean uninstalled the version on the drive, scrubbed the registry with ccleaner and manually scrubbed the prefetch folder. Installed 9.2.2.3 as administrator. Did a 2:12 runtime BD. 4:36 analyzing and 41 minutes from the disc to full disc BD-25. Results are identical to Windows 7 Pro results.
                              As much as I dislike Windows 10 I can't blame it for your problem.
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X