Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Atmos

Hi,

I have a Denon avr 1200 married with a Samsung j7500 bluray player. I do have a 7.1 surround sound set up and backing my movies up on a usb 3.0 external hard drive in MKV format. All my equipment supports dolby ATMOS,but when I back up any movie that has ATMOS the audio is muted. Is there something extra I must do in order to get this audio format working?

Are you using the "Copy Audio" option? Do you have "Remove HD audio" checked in either of the two places where it is available? Attach the DVDFab internal log session from one of these conversions, instruction linked in my sig, below.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Are you using the "Copy Audio" option? Do you have "Remove HD audio" checked in either of the two places where it is available? Attach the DVDFab internal log session from one of these conversions, instruction linked in my sig, below.

I am using MKV pass through, with only TrueHD selected as the audio output.
      Attached Files

Comment

For Dolby Atmos sound you must set your blu ray player to bit stream out in settings for your blu ray player and you must use HDMI cables check for this else you won't get the sound.

Also set up speakers for 2 height channels instead of 2 back surround channels and redo the setup in the receiver so it knows your using 2 height channels instead of 2 rear surround channels then redo the auto channel set up for correct sound levels from each speaker.
        Refer to your manual or get it online for your receiver so you set it up correct.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
          For Dolby Atmos sound you must set your blu ray player to bit stream out in settings for your blu ray player and you must use HDMI cables check for this else you won't get the sound.

Also set up speakers for 2 height channels instead of 2 back surround channels and redo the setup in the receiver so it knows your using 2 height channels instead of 2 rear surround channels then redo the auto channel set up for correct sound levels from each speaker.
          Refer to your manual or get it online for your receiver so you set it up correct.
          3dman

I understand what you written clearly, as I have done my homework. I have my Samsung player set to bitstream out, and my denon is setup with 2 front height channels. my retail bought disc play Atmos just fine. I just tried a trial of power dvd 16 using miniso format which that also works. I honestly rather pick up usb 3.0 hard drive than to move a full size ATX Pc. I also have 18Gbps hdmi 2.0 cables through out the setup. Since you replied, I assume you're using MKV pass through and picking up atmos-TruHD, is it working for you?

Comment

I have no atmos iso's to try it right now but ones I already made with mkv pass through in past versions of Fab work fine in VLC,Fab media player and Power dvd.

Thought maybe your blu ray player wasn't set correct for atmos that's why I replied.If your Fab made atmos disks play on software players but not your blu ray player then its normally a setting in your blu ray player.I remember back sometime ago when i used a blu ray player their is a setting in some blu ray players for certain type disks like mkv's so check your manual.

Comment

I have the same problem, non of my movies ripped with Atmos sound working when I use "Copy Sound"
              In VLC it is just sound for a second and then 2-3 seconds with no sound trought the whole movie.
              If I Play the MKV file trough a mediaplayer or something on my tv it is simply no sound.

Comment

Teo:My Minions MKV made with audio pass through on a older version of Fab dosn't play audio on VLC but it does on Fab media player and Power dvd.my STARTREK INTO THE DARKNESS mkv made with audio pass through with a even older version of Fab does play with VLC, Fab media player and Power dvd so maybe staff can figure out why with latter versions of Fab it's not working with VLC player.I don't have the Iso's anymore to try it with the current version of Fab sorry kids lent them but never got them back.

If I did have them and the current version of Fab gave the same results I would have tried version 8 of Fab until staff can test for this.

Comment

I don't have the Iso's anymore to try it with the current version of Fab sorry kids lent them but never got them back.
                  @ 3dman7
                  Even if you do not have the ISO's you still should have the original discs in your possession.
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR929:I have the disks but they produce read errors now as their older well played disks.I make mkv''s these days onto external hard drives no more making iso's to get scratched,lost or not returned.No more expensive blank disks and burning problems this way also.

I am sure someone at Fab or another member can test for this problem with their disks and I do get a lot of new movies but most have Dts hd sound.If I get another new disk with the new Dolby Atmos I will surely help out but like I say someone else will more than likely beat me to the punch before I buy a new disk with this type of soundtrack.

Comment

Teo:My Minions MKV made with audio pass through on a older version of Fab dosn't play audio on VLC but it does on Fab media player and Power dvd.my STARTREK INTO THE DARKNESS mkv made with audio pass through with a even older version of Fab does play with VLC, Fab media player and Power dvd so maybe staff can figure out why with latter versions of Fab it's not working with VLC player.I don't have the Iso's anymore to try it with the current version of Fab sorry kids lent them but never got them back.

If I did have them and the current version of Fab gave the same results I would have tried version 8 of Fab until staff can test for this.
                      Hi,

VCL can playback the True-HD audio well but not the Atmos audio. it's the VLC problem not DVDFab.

I got the same problem if playing back the oragnal ATMOS Blu-ray ISO or m2ts file in VLC.

Wilson
                      Please post your logs the default location is:
                      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X