mp4 movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mp4 movie

Need help, transfering full dvd to mp4, I am only getting a partial movie. About 10 to 30 minutes or so of the first part of the movie is missing. Is there something I am doing wrong.
    Any help,
    thanks.

You have posted in the wrong forum, you should use the Ripper forum since this is the module you are using. I will move your thread there after you supply the DVDFab internal log session from the failed conversion. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

mp4 log

Hope the log is here.
      Attached Files

Comment

The log is incomplete. A log session begins with the DVDFab version number and a date stamp and can end any number of ways depending on what happens. Please try it again. I will move this to the Ripper forum in the meantime.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

log files

Ok, I will send both internal log files
          the dvdfab_internal.log and the fabcheck_internal.log they are as is.

Thanks,
          Attached Files

Comment

mp4

Started checking all my converted mp4's, and found that aboout 1 in every 4 conversions, I am loosing from 6 to 30 minutes of the movie in all of them. I hope you can find the reason for this, because this is not good at all.
            Thanks

Comment

That is unusual but can be caused by several things, including problems reading the disc, overheating etc. If it seem to always happen near the end of the title, I might suspect heat. I have not looked at your logs yet, but do you get any error messages?

Comment

mp4

It is the first 6 to 30 min of the movie that is missing. The full DVD movie is all there and is good. Just when it is converted to the MP4's is the part missing.

Comment

I don't know if this will help as I didn't check the .mp4s I used DVD Ripper on for any of the movie missing.
                  I will check to see if I still have them .If I do they are on my other computer & I don't have it booted right now.
                  The problem I found with the .mp4s were they wouldn't play on my TV from a flash drive or my external harddrive.
                  My TV messaged incorrect audio codec & incorrect video codec .
                  That meant my TV didn't have the codecs to play the DVDFab DVD Ripper created .mp4s
                  It regularly plays other .mp4s so the problem was with the DVD Ripper created .mp4s.
                  The .mp4s played fine on my computer.

Then I used .mkv for the conversion & they worked fine with my TV.
                  So the point of all this is give .MKV a try . Unless you don't like the .mkv format or have found it incompatable with your devices.

Comment

Hi Cholla, if you find those mp4s, run one of them that would not play on the TV through MediaInfo and attach or send me the results. Does the TV play AAC audio from other sources? Did you use a different audio codec setting?

Comment

Hi signals,
                      I had deleted those .mp4s but I wanted to see if one I created with DVD Ripper had any missing time as some of the ones edistoriverrat posted about.
                      The .mp4 I created didn't have any lost time.
                      So the MediaInfo is from a fresh conversion with 10.0.4.3
                      I didn't have any .mp4s that were 6 channel AAC except this one that won't play on my TV.
                      I tested with a .mp4 2 channel AAC & it played correctly on my TV,
                      I'm sure I could create a 6 channel AAC with other software I have.
                      I will see if I can do that & post back how it goes.
                      Heres the MediaInfo requested:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks cholla, do any of the AAC 5.1 from other encoders play on the TV OK? Could I impose on you to supply the MediaInfo from one of those as well?

Comment

signals , I have Handbrake working on doing an AAC 6-Channel right now.
                          The .mkv I have is AC3 .
                          I will see if I can create an .mkv AAC 6 channel also .
                          It will take a while but I would like to know for sure myself.

IIRC the DVD Ripper .MKV (that I had already deleted ) worked.

So give me some time & I will have 3 MediaInfo's for you.

Comment

Sounds great, thanks.

Comment

I converted the same DVD with 3 different softwares.
                              With DVDFab DVD Ripper I converted the .mp4 in post 11.
                              It wouldn't play on my TV (Sharp Aquos).

These three all played.
                              DVDFab10Ripper_works.txt is for a 6 channel .mkv with AAC audio.
                              The MediaInfo audio clearly shows this one as 6 channels.

ConvertXtoVideo-works.txt is for a 6 channel .mp4 with AAC audio .
                              The MediaInfo audio shows both 2 & 6 channels.
                              A version of DVDFab Media Player 2 shows it as 6 channel in its' "File Information" when played.

Handbrake_MP4_works.txt is for a 6 channel .mp4 with AAC audio .
                              The MediaInfo audio shows both 2 & 6 channels.
                              A version of DVDFab Media Player 2 shows it as 6 channel in its' "File Information" when played.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X