Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The DRM Removal process is intermittently failing. 

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Removal for Movies The DRM Removal process is intermittently failing. 

DVD Fab version: 11.0.5.3 - 26/09/19

The DRM Removal process is intermittently failing.

I am purchase a lot of Movies and TV Shows on iTunes, and until the past few weeks or so, the DRM Removal Tool has been flawless, but now it keeps failing.

Sometimes it is after an iTunes update, others after a DVD Fab update.

I'm sure you'll see by the log files, I've stripped the DRM successfully of a lot of Movies/TV, sometimes I've had to restart my pc, done a fresh install of DVD Fab/iTunes and the like, and the DRM Removal is sometimes working, but other times not.

All of the movies play just fine within iTunes.
    There are no update pop up's, as iTunes is up to date.
    There are no warning notice pop up's.

The only 'pop up' that happens is the one we get when DVD Fab open's iTunes to start the process. At the moment, it is persistently failing the process of any movie I try.

My log file is too big to upload (2.39mb), so I have copied and pasted from the log to a .txt file so someone can take a look.

It's really about time companies ditched DRM all together, it just harms honest paying consumers much more than it does preventing pirates.
    Attached Files

Same issues persists through today's update of DVD Fab.

Any movement on this issue?
    Attached Files

Comment

I have de-authorised and completely stripped both DVD Fab and iTunes from my system, reinstalled and re-authorised the latest version of DVD Fab and version 12.9 of iTunes and still have the same issue.

The same issues persists with the updated/latest version of iTunes too.

I have still made sure that all movies play within the iTunes app on the pc, which they do with no problems.
      Again, there are no error, warning nor update pop up's from iTunes or DVD Fab.
      The DRM Removal Tool just simply fails every time now.

Weather this is iTunes end or DVD Fab's end, I am not sure, but it has made the DRM Removal Tool un-usable completely.

Due to the fresh start with both programs, I have been able to attach the new log files as they are below the file upload limit.

I hope this issue is resolved soon, as the DRM Removal Tool is my most used tool for my collection since going digital and purchasing all of my content with iTunes. I have not heard anything back from customer support at all regarding this issue.

Attached Files

Comment

I will consult the developers and get back to you as soon as possible.

Comment

Thank you for the private message and the advice of reinstalling the operating system, disabling the antivirus and firewall. I have however tried a fresh install of my system, and also just tried disabling the firewall and antivirus, though the issue persists.

I did thought it was due to the recent update of iTunes to version 12.10.1.4, so I used the only older installer I had to install iTunes 10. The movies still played fine within iTunes, but the issue persisted and the process failed, so I believe there needs to be another update DVD Fab's end.

Our time zones are quite far apart, so contact is going to be difficult, but I hope that this issue is resolved soon.

Comment

try running itunes in safe mode and see if the drm removal still fails - https://www.dvdfab.cn/resource/drm/itunes-wont-open

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
              try running itunes in safe mode and see if the drm removal still fails - https://www.dvdfab.cn/resource/drm/itunes-wont-open
              Thank you for the suggestion. The problem isn't that iTunes isn't opening, it is opening, then the black player box flickers on and off as usual then it fails the process.

I have tried your suggestion of launching it in safe mode anyway, but still have the same result with the failed process.

Comment

The only fix I have found is if you are running iTunes 12.10.1.4 revert back to 12.10.0.7 and it will work

Comment

Originally posted by Clownsun View Post
                  The only fix I have found is if you are running iTunes 12.10.1.4 revert back to 12.10.0.7 and it will work
                  I don't have the installer for 12.10.0.7, and I can't find a website I trust that has that specific version.

I do have an installer for 12.9 which I tried yesterday, but the problem was the same with that one too.. movies played fine within iTunes, but failed to process.

The DVD Fab team should find out what is causing this issue and roll out an update to fix it with the current version of iTunes.

Comment

Version 11.0.5.4 with itunes version 12.10.1.4 always fails whether a move or tv episode is being done. This stated with the latest updates for both products

Comment

Version 11.0.5.4 with itunes version 12.10.1.4 always fails whether a move or tv episode is being done.
                      We are trying to reproduce the issue, will update the status as soon as possible.

Comment

I am having the same issue, after updates of both DVDFab and iTunes. I have sent video of what screen looks like but still no response... This is a problem that been two weeks so far on my end. Please update on when this issue will be fixed.

Comment

As you can see from the posts above, the staff is attempting to duplicate the problem. As I have suggested many times here, if you have a version of iTunes that works with DVDFab, quit allowing it to update until absolutely forced to do so. I feel sure Apple will continue to prevent this from working, they do not believe you are entitled to control the media you have purchased.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherKuklock View Post
                            I am having the same issue, after updates of both DVDFab and iTunes. I have sent video of what screen looks like but still no response... This is a problem that been two weeks so far on my end. Please update on when this issue will be fixed.
                            Hey matey,

I can't find the link now, but I went with Clownfun's advice as I finally found an installer for 12.10.0.7.

Just google and look for it, uninstall the current version and install 12.10.0.7, restart your computer then try again. Turn off auto update if you have it turned on in the current installer and don't install any updates at all until the issue for this is resolved.

I understand your frustration, and the drm tool should work, but as Signals has stated, they are trying to duplicate the problem so they can fix it for 12.10.1.4, or maybe a fix for a future update of it.I'm not sure why they haven't been able to duplicate it yet, I've done so on my three systems. I now have 12.10.0.7 on all of my systems, and although there's an odd hiccup, everything has been fine since.

Drm is a pain in the arse, as it hurts the consumer a lot more than the pirates. It's amethod has not and will never stop thieving pirates and we should be able to use our bought and paid for media any way we like. Hence why I use this software.

Comment

I have now come across the same issue with version 12.10.0.7 of itunes, a version that had previously worked flawlessly with the Fab.

It done 5 movies fine and then just kept failing. Log files for these sessions from my main rig have been attached, and all previous checks done.

I have tried all 17 movies purchased today with another piece of software and they have all converted perfectly.

So it definitely looks like this one is on DVD Fab's end. I hope these log files help to rectify the problem, and if I have any success I'll report back.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X