This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    If the file has problems, scan it with MediaInfo and attach the text file output to a new post so the developers and see and study it. Or upload it to the DVDFab ftp site. Have you tried it with another software player, such as Fab's?
    I tried to play it in Windows Media Player. That didn't work. Codec incompatibility. Nope, I'm far too tired, old and lazy to scurry about on the Web looking for codecs. I don't have DVDFab Player or Quicktime so I can't use those. iTunes won't add the new no_DRM version of the file to its library.

The new file is 12 GigaBytes in size, the DRMed one was 5.5, and my upload speed is exceedingly poor. I'd get it done by about Christmas 2525 or later so I'm probably not going to attempt that.

I don't have "Mediainfo" and I can't be bothered to trawl the 'net looking for it. Sorry, I'm not being very co-operative or helpful, am I?

I just want the program, or Application, to *work*. Without fussing about, installing stuff or doing things I was employed to do before I retired. Is that asking too much?

Justin: the "new" older version of iTunes was installed in a different place from the first one. I tried very, very hard to eliminate all traces of the original, newer version. I even force deleted the "library" fit, the "*.itl" manually. Again, that is more like *work* than fun but I managed it.

My conclusion is that I've wasted the effort, time and money so I'm writing it off as lost. Apologies for having butted in.

Comment

Originally posted by LastBlackCloud View Post

The new file is 12 GigaBytes in size, the DRMed one was 5.5, ........ .
      Oh, dear. I must apologise.

Truly, I must.

I found and downloaded MediaInfo, it's a cool tool. The Text view of the file gives this:

"File size : 11.8 MiB
      Duration : 2 h 28 min
      "

*MiB*. MEGA-Bytes.

I'm going blind in my dotage. Also slow. So trying this second file with the DRM removal tool did *not* work. It was just as broken as the first one I did with the more recent version of iTunes.

12 MB. Yes, that will be why nothing can play it. 12 MB is barely a frame.

Sorry.

Comment

So no update from dvdfab support on this? Are they making progress or has apple figured out a way to lock it out completely?

Comment

any update in this i have serched over the inteneet and no company supports itunes 12.9.6.4

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Hi Justin,

Sorry about that. It's known that DRM Removal for Apple has compatible problem with the latest iTunes version, we need time to check it out.
            Please use an early iTunes version for now. Here is the link you can download an earlier version of iTunes (v12.9.0.167), this version has been fully tested, and it works well:
            http://dcy85gja7rdts.cloudfront.net/...nes64Setup.exe
            No, it does not work. A-DRM-Removal creates a 12 MegaByte file from a movie, a file which obviously can't be read by VLC as it isn't a video file.

Is this being worked on?

Comment

Hello all, this DRM issue is being worked on, time is needed. Any news, we will update you, thank you.

Comment

Thank you guys so the laest Itunes version 12.4.3 now

Comment

is an update for this coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                    is an update for this coming soon
                    Nothing since this from another thread... https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...927#post379927

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                    Hi, thank you for your feedback regardig DRM Removal for Apple. We are sorry for not updating this product to make it compatible with the latest version of iTunes sooner. We are planning to update DRM Removal for Apple Windows version at the end of April. Our developer team will not abandon this product, on the contrary, we are going to expand it in the future. It is currently under development. We would appreciate your patience and support.

For now, you can use an earlier version of iTunes version V12.9.0.167 to have a try, it can be downloaded using the url below, it's been tested and work well.
                    https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-...nes64Setup.exe
                    When you install this version, please make sure you don't install it in the same place as the other iTunes version, create a new folder and install it in there.

Comment

The developer is still working on this case. If there is news, we will update on the forum.

Comment

its totally broken now got the old verison isntalled and not working
                        Last edited by Justin; 05-04-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Here is my log file
                          Attached Files

Comment

any more updates for this we were told by he end of April its now the middle of June

Comment

For those who may still require this. Found this 64-Bit version directly from Apple.
                              Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
                                For those who may still require this. Found this 64-Bit version directly from Apple.
                                The old version is also no longer working.

Comment

Working...
                                X