possible to correct wrong meta data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible to correct wrong meta data?

image_23474.png The meta data for season 1 disk 2 is partially incorrect. The name of the episodes are correct but the episode number should be 5,6,7,8 All other disks had correct meta data. A few other disks had "clumsy" meta data. An example of clumsy meta data would be the filename "Angel - s05e06 - Angel - s05e06 - The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco.mp4" There is no need for the repeated information. Ideally the filename should simply be "s05e06-TheCautionaryTaleOfNumeroCinco.mp4" I wrote a c# program that corrects for various improper filenames and an example of its output is attached. I can make the sources available on github if anyone interested. How does one go about correcting the meta data?

rename_tool.png angel_rename.txt
    Attached Files

Hi, there is a Search feature to correct the meta info.

search.png

Comment

I inserted 'The Best of The Muppet Show' (which is listed in TMDB here: Best of the Muppet Show (2002) — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)) to rip, and DVD Ripper did not identify it. I clicked the 'Search' button, and it was then identified as 'Falcom JDK Band Live...'. I don't see any way to put in the correct information. How do I use that feature to 'correctly identify' a movie title?

Comment

Originally posted by lavinrc View Post
        I inserted 'The Best of The Muppet Show' (which is listed in TMDB here: Best of the Muppet Show (2002) — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)) to rip, and DVD Ripper did not identify it. I clicked the 'Search' button, and it was then identified as 'Falcom JDK Band Live...'. I don't see any way to put in the correct information. How do I use that feature to 'correctly identify' a movie title?
        Please see the image attached below to try again.

correct info.png

Comment

Was unable to correct meta data for Season 1 Disk 2 of Deep Space 9. I am told that I am not authorized to upload as another user has already created the beta data. Unaccountably, the correct meta data is found when when doing a search. The epoxide list is correct but it is not transferred to the ripping page. Instead the meta data for dlisk 1 is shown. There is an option to save the meta data locally. I used that option but when the program starts back up the wrong meta data is shown. The attached images show
          1. Rip screen has s1d1 but s1d2 is in the dvd.
          2. Search Database shows episodes 5,6,7,8 which I obtained by selecting "2" in the Disk pulldown tab.
          3. The Oops shows I cannot upload the correct meta data and can store it locally to be used the next time the disk is opened.
          Closing the restarting the program still brings up the meta data for disk 1 which is not in the player.
          BadMeta.jpg

readit.jpg
          Last edited by BeemerBiker; 10-20-2021, 05:30 PM. Reason: Show that disk was actually Season 1 Disk 2 and not S1D1

Comment

How do I get the app to read the local meta data I saved. I assume I saved S1D2 since the "Save dialog" popped up when trying to upload the s1d2 data. NO thinking about it, the meta data on your server is correct, I just cannot get it into the rip page to replace the incorrect stuff.

Want to mention that all the other DVDs had no problem with meta data, just season 1 disk 2
            Last edited by BeemerBiker; 10-20-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBiker View Post
              How do I get the app to read the local meta data I saved. I assume I saved S1D2 since the "Save dialog" popped up when trying to upload the s1d2 data. NO thinking about it, the meta data on your server is correct, I just cannot get it into the rip page to replace the incorrect stuff.

Want to mention that all the other DVDs had no problem with meta data, just season 1 disk 2
              We will see if we could duplicate the problem, normally, it should automatically detect and load the saved local meta info.
              We may need a source from you. I will update you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X