Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Movie Server Meta-Data Info

Hello,

I am just wondering about the Meta-data posters, in which certain movies wall posters are not the movies that it should be, so my curiosity is, is there a remedy to fix this?

To be honest, I rather see the Dvdfab poster embedded instead of the wrong wall posters!

Kind Regards
    Ish

Next update will have a way to fix the wrong poster, and it will be released before this weekend.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Great! It would be good if you had a tutorial on the meta file format so we can add information to help the MS find the right information.

Comment

Fantastic news

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
          Next update will have a way to fix the wrong poster, and it will be released before this weekend.
          Hello Fengtao

That's great news, sir --- I can't really wait since there's about a dozen!

Kind Regards
          Ish

Comment

Originally posted by gg4 View Post
            Great! It would be good if you had a tutorial on the meta file format so we can add information to help the MS find the right information.
            Yes! Agree here!!

Ish

Comment

Hi All --

The MS Manager has helped sort and fix the poster issues! --- This new feature is very excellent to have!

Ish

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post

Hi All --

The MS Manager has helped sort and fix the poster issues! --- This new feature is very excellent to have!

Ish
                Glad to hear it fixed things for you.

Two questions: What is "MS Manager"?. Where did you get it?

Frederick

Comment

Originally posted by fcwilt View Post

Glad to hear it fixed things for you.

Two questions: What is "MS Manager"?. Where did you get it?

Frederick
                  Hello Frederick

Update the MS, and Update DvdFab (it will update to the latest build which / see SS) --- Now take a look at screenshot, where it says save-to-list --- see MS manager? Click that, and it will open a webpage, with all of the MS detail:

Hope this helps!

Ish

Last edited by Ish; 07-28-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Ish, That MS Manager is pretty neat. It does show my movies linked to my PC correctly. Did help with the MS wall, it still shows duplicates. FYI: they are all AVI movies

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
                      Ish, That MS Manager is pretty neat. It does show my movies linked to my PC correctly. Did help with the MS wall, it still shows duplicates. FYI: they are all AVI movies
                      Hi Hunter,

Indeed, sir ... pretty neat, for sure --- I've been updating movies all day long -- I think I did over 100 --- feels like a job, LOL

Hopefully, Wilson has a solution for you for this duplicate issue!!!

Keep us updated,
                      Take care
                      Ish

Comment

Hi Ish,

Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by fcwilt View Post
                          Hi Ish,

Thanks much.
                          You're welcome, sir!
                          Take Care
                          Ish

Comment

Hi All --

Question -- happened with only two wall posters, thus far!

1. I found the poster of the movie after clicking search, highlighted, and saved.

2. I then return to the Movie Edit Meta-data window, clicked Poster, but the poster is not there -- I figure it has found it like it has on dozens of other movies -- curious why it doesn't embedded the poster?

Any solutions?

Or

Any manual solutions?

Thanks
                            Ish

EDIT: I downloaded the image, and manually pasted it into the wall poster! --- still curious why it didn't work automatically!
                            Last edited by Ish; 07-29-2017, 06:47 AM.

Comment

This is indeed a great feature to have and has so far helped me correct some of the incorrect lookups and probably most of the others.

But I still have a problem when you have a movie of the same name but different years.

For example I have 2 versions of the film Insomnia, the 2002 American remake and the original 1997 Norwegian version.
                              When you do the update BOTH get changed.

I have been looking at the underlying SQLLite database and have spotted an obvious issue.
                              The MS's database is linking both movie files to the same movie. The matching or search rules appear to be ignoring the year.

See the SQL output below:

select idfile, strpath, strname, strscrapername, strscraperyear, idmovie from tbvideosfile where strname like '%insomnia%';

idFile strPath strName strScraperName strScraperYear idMovie
                              573 /mnt/sata/sata2/DVDFab/G-I/Insomnia 2002.iso insomnia 2002 insomnia 2002 487
                              574 /mnt/sata/sata2/DVDFab/G-I/Insomnia 1997.iso insomnia 1997 insomnia 1997 487

select idmovie, moviescrapeid, iyear, strtitle from tbmovieex where strtitle like '%insomnia%';

idMovie MovieScrapeId iYear strTitle
                              487 320 2002 Insomnia

If the year (when available) was included in the matching rules this would resolve the dozen or so movies that have this same issue.
                              Another example being Friday the 13th. I have the 1980 original and the 2009 remake, both showing as the 2009 version.

On a related note could it identify bonus discs? Maybe by having 'bonus' as part of the file name it would create a separate entry in the database.

Regards
                              Mike
                              Last edited by ThemaV6; 07-29-2017, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X