Duplicate posters on network shares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Feedback Duplicate posters on network shares

I ahve a NAS set up with several movies (ISO's) on it. When I attach this to the MS, I get 2 poster entries for each movie. The MS manager shows only 1 poster, but the device itself shows 2.
    Is this a known issue or is there something I am doing wrong here?

tbrown25, I'm having the same issue. 2 entries for every movie. Mine are AVI's. I've connected to shared folders on my win10 PC. Every folder connection I create does the same thing.
    When I set up the MS to show these folders as files it only shows 1 but as soon as I set it up to show as a wall there are 2 for each.
    Prior to this update the posters were listed (Z-A) then (A-Z). Now they are listed (A-Z) then (A-Z)
    Last edited by Hunter1955; 07-29-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
      tbrown25, I'm having the same issue. 2 entries for every movie. Mine are AVI's. I've connected to shared folders on my win10 PC. Every folder connection I create does the same thing.
      When I set up the MS to show these folders as files it only shows 1 but as soon as I set it up to show as a wall there are 2 for each.
      Prior to this update the posters were listed (Z-A) then (A-Z). Now they are listed (A-Z) then (A-Z)
      Hi Hunter --

Have you tried using MS Manager? And if so, see if you get this duplication there, too! ...

Ish

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post

Hi Hunter --

Have you tried using MS Manager? And if so, see if you get this duplication there, too! ...

Ish

MS Manager only seems to be showing the Movies installed on the internal HDD of the MS

Comment

I was having the duplicate problem but after the most recent updates to both MS and DF the duplicates are now a generic icon.

Strange.

Frederick

Comment

I am seeing the same issue with an external hard drive connected by USB. MS Manager is displaying correctly.

Comment

MS Manager only seems to be showing the Movies installed on the internal HDD of the MS
              Hi Hunter,
              I see ...
              Good Luck, tho, and hopefully it gets fix for all of you!
              Ish

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post

Hi Hunter,
                I see ...
                Good Luck, tho, and hopefully it gets fix for all of you!
                Ish
                In a previous post I mentioned that for me to deploy MS devices throughout my home they need to make the user interface that we see in the "Movies" section used for all sources.

For that matter it might be cleaner if all sources could simply be "merged", from the end users point of view, so no switching of sources was required.

My current setup uses Dune players and the media manager application I wrote could do just that. It can scan multiple sources and build a single "index" (what the end user sees) for all of the movies/shows found.

But those players are not 4K and the current 4K version is not very good. The MS has potential to be a great player.

Perhaps others would like to see this sort of user interface change as well.

Frederick

Comment

Originally posted by fcwilt View Post

In a previous post I mentioned that for me to deploy MS devices throughout my home they need to make the user interface that we see in the "Movies" section used for all sources.

For that matter it might be cleaner if all sources could simply be "merged", from the end users point of view, so no switching of sources was required.

My current setup uses Dune players and the media manager application I wrote could do just that. It can scan multiple sources and build a single "index" (what the end user sees) for all of the movies/shows found.

But those players are not 4K and the current 4K version is not very good. The MS has potential to be a great player.

Perhaps others would like to see this sort of user interface change as well.

Frederick
                  Hi Frederick
                  Very interesting, sir!
                  Take Care
                  Ish

Comment

Merging would be an excellent idea. Seeing all the media in one place would be very nice. My movies/TV shows are spread across the internal drive, external USB drive and network shares.
                    Perhaps it could also indicate media that it cannot play due to location not being available/not attached by dimming the poster or overlay it with a cross.

Comment

I'm not sure I like the idea of seeing all in one place unless its a separate wall listing. I like having separation. That way I can list new movies, my movies, my wife's, kids and already watched

Comment

I would guess if merging was added then this would be an option you turn on if it you want it

Comment

I'm not sure I like the idea of seeing all in one place unless its a separate wall listing. I like having separation. That way I can list new movies, my movies, my wife's, kids and already watched
                          Hi Hunter,

totally agree, sir --- Added to the request thread, sir!!!

I suggested a way back about the ability to add your own filters, etc ....
                          Hopefully it's possible!

Take care
                          Ish

Comment

Please post your ideas to the feature request thread, we are listening...
                            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Well I've done some additional testing on mine and other duplicate posters. I created 3 movie folders on my PC with different type movies in each one.
                              1st has ISO files
                              2nd has AVI's where all audio is incorporated into the one file
                              3rd has some older movies where the audio and subtitles are separate, so 3 files per movie
                              I shared all 3 folders and connected them to the MS.
                              Duplicate posters for every movie.
                              As to the question that Ish asked earlier. The MS manager sees all the folders and only shows one poster for each movie.

Movies play fine. I can select either poster for a movie and it will play the movie and even pick up where you stopped the movie when you used the other poster.

Please help. I'm afraid to attach my very large library

Comment

Working...
                              X