Harmony Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmony Remote

Has anyone been able to get the DMS to work with a Harmony universal remote?

Hi,

What problems are you having?

Frederick

Comment

Wondering how anyone might have done it. Did you have to program each individual button?

Comment

Originally posted by jimczyz View Post
        Wondering how anyone might have done it. Did you have to program each individual button?
        Well if the device is not in the Harmony database you will have to learn each IR code from the existing device remote.

Frederick

Comment

I have a harmony hub, with it there is a DVDFab entry that you can use, if you don't have it look for egreat a10 or a5 I forget which and that will get you 99% of the way there usually. I think there is an older thread on the topic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jimczyz View Post
            I have a Harmony Touch Remote and i can use with the DVDFAB/ Modell A1 entry.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll be giving it a try.

Comment

I can second it's working with My Harmony Elite, same as Danl26 DVDFAB, model A1.

Comment

Works like a charm, thanks guys!!!

Comment

Have you guys had any luck getting the DMS shut down with the all off function. I have tried everything but I have to manually goto shut down then press the off button. I use Alexa for the full control of my AV system and the DVD fab having a multi button press shutdown sure is annoying. If not done currently it will also turn the DMS back on as the on function and off function use the same IR code. It’s the only bad part of this thing. Love everything else about it.

Comment

I changed the PowerOff command in the DMS as described in the PDF (download via link below). This is how the poweroff command works.

Comment

Thanks Dani that did help. Im using the Iphone app but your pictures did help. So i hope this helps people with the app.

Here is the process for the app

1.Menu/Harmony Setup/Add-edit devices and activities

2.Click devices

3.Find your Dvdfab Media player in the menu and click it

4.Goto to power settings and click the (TURN OFF WHEN NOT IN USE) option then click the (USING 2 DIFFERENT BUTTONS) option

5. it will give you a (POWER ON) option and (POWER OFF) option

In power on i added a step with Power toggle with no delay
                        In Power off i added a step with Power toggle with 1.5ms delay and then a step with OK and no delay

Now this is important. When you have done these steps click the back arrow to the screen where it says Power on and power off. You then have to click the forward arrow and it will save. This is where i was having some major issues as it must be a issue with the app software but it will save this way.

Last edited by barritia; 03-17-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Harmony hub keyboard facility with the DVDFab MS? I got it to connect but it doesn't seem to work fully. Neither in the Play Store or when searching for movies.

Comment

<b>ALL:<span style="color:red"><b> NEW FIRMWARE v1.0.0.1 released 4 July, please allow it to update when requested</b></span>

Comment

Doesn't cover the harmony keyboard facility on iPhone app with DVDFab MS.

Comment

Working...
                              X