No announcement yet.

firmware 1.0.2.0 still appears to be flawed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks 90312...I'll give it a go...rebuilding now!

Comment

Yea!!! It appears to be working. I'm going to let it work on movies over night then fix any mismatches. Personally I am only interested in movies on the poster wall, what little tv shows I have and my documentaries collection I can get to using the local videos option!

THANKS!

Comment

Glad it worked for you!
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Further to my original post. I've just done another factory reset. Movies appear to be close now without recounting them. TV series now has the same missing as before.
          Every time I've accessed "all" TV series after a factory reset, the media player (hardware) crashes. Error message: "Server access failure. Please reboot the player." I thought this might be of importance to your developers.
          I only have that 1 category to select from and there should at least as many as there is under Movies.

I still have 1 other little problem under movies which I thought 1020 was supposed to have addressed. I have 2 movies that always come up under the same poster. Battle of Britain (1969) and The Battle of Britain (2010).

Video's now = 580
          Last edited by ejm; 04-17-2018, 01:08 AM.
          Viking lost down under

Comment

90312, doing that ".nomedia" worked brilliantly the way you said to do it. Might try that on 1 of the movies above and retry in a couple of weeks again by removing ".nomedia".
            Viking lost down under

Comment

Glad it worked okay. War documentaries seldom ever have posters, I have The world at war and WWII in colour and they come up with some bizarre posters so I put them in folders with .nomedia and just use the local files for them.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Just did another Factory reset. Video's now down to 118, that makes it easier to edit meta data. all I have to do is about 60.

now all I have to do is wait for DMS to be able to find the rest of my TV series and allow me to edit meta data for those that it will not let me see (these were actually found when I first received the media player).
                Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  Glad it worked okay. War documentaries seldom ever have posters, I have The world at war and WWII in colour and they come up with some bizarre posters so I put them in folders with .nomedia and just use the local files for them.
                  Those 2 war documentaries you mentioned I have also. I also have have a lot of Vietnam and more WWII, Civil War, WWI among many others. Primarily documentaries(..Half Priced Books is a great resource for this) make up the bulk of my viewing time.

These types of content are the reasons why local control of posters is necessary and wanted by many users.

Comment

Working...
                  X