firmware 1.0.2.0 still appears to be flawed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firmware 1.0.2.0 still appears to be flawed

After doing this latest firmware update, nothing appeared to change with database on hardware or web page. I then proceeded to re build the database again. When finished It only showed about 40% of my movies and roughly 85% of my tv series all the rest are videos (4202 of them). I then did a update library, results stayed the same after it was finished.
    A lot of the problems I had previously on a post that Admin said they would close (https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...atabase-update), when this new firmware comes out, still exists but less of them. eg. Frontier, the flash, aftermath and the killing are now all under the correct Posters and the rest still have 2 posters or no poster at all.
    V (2009) and (1984), space 1999 (1975), space (2001) are still under the same poster and can't be changed as they can't be found on https://www.themoviedb.org by dvdfab's own program. Yet I can find these on https://www.themoviedb.org.
    Viking lost down under

Have just done another update library, still no change. Now I've just started a factory reset and awaiting what out come I'll get from this.
    Viking lost down under

Comment

I'm still wanting a prefix exclusion filter...like DNI(..Do Not Inventory) that can be simply added to any file name or directory path that would prevent said file/directory from being scraped. All of my errors on the poster wall are from my '\Documentaries' directories. I don't even use the poster wall to select content to play through the server, the 'Local Videos' selection tool is all I ever use.

On another note ejm the amount of content and work you have put in to getting your meta data right is impressive and makes me tired just thinking about it!

Comment

thanks dead eye. Starting to get jacked of now as everything just seems to get worse.

New result is: Movies = 75%, nice increase but not good enough.
        New result is TV series = 75%. Bad, this is a decrease.
        Video's however have decreased from 4202 to 2757. This means lots of episodes have been added to found TV series.

Will now do a final update library, and wait for signals or some other admin person to contact me.
        Viking lost down under

Comment

Your welcome ejm, I sure hope that the development team at DVDFab appreciate all the time and effort you put into providing relevant feedback to them!

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
            I'm still wanting a prefix exclusion filter...like DNI(..Do Not Inventory) that can be simply added to any file name or directory path that would prevent said file/directory from being scraped. ........)
            If you have a folder you do not want scanned, put an empty text file in it with the suffix .nomedia, the entire folder will be skipped.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              If you have a folder you do not want scanned, put an empty text file in it with the suffix .nomedia, the entire folder will be skipped.
              OK, I created an empty file called DNI.nomedia and put in the root of the '\Documentaries' folder, this folder has a bunch of other directories in it...will that exclude all the sub directories?

I will rebuild the library and get back to you with results.

Comment

OK Signals, I either did something wrong or it doesn't work. I created a .txt file and then changed the extension to .nomedia. I copied the file into the main '\Documentaries' directory and that didn't work after rebuilding so I copied it into all the sub directories and that doesn't work either after rebuilding the library. Where did I go wrong?

It just seems to me that the best way to do this is to have the option in the 'Edit Library' function to exclude...perhaps with a select/de-select type check box.

Comment

The .nomedia trick is an android function that should work. I tried it using the following steps and it worked as described
                  1. Open Windows Notepad, type nothing
                  2. Select File->Save As... and choose and enter .nomedia for the filename
                  3. Save it to a convenient location on your PC and move it to your DMS via the share or save it directly to the DMS if it is online, with the folder you want to exclude as the target location

All subfolders should be ignored as well.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Final update made no difference. All as before.
                    Viking lost down under

Comment

So the filename is .nomedia and not the extension...got it. I'll give it a go!

Comment

Nope...that didn't work either. Just to be clear I did exactly what you wrote and named the file .nomedia.txt(empty file) with an extension of .txt(..default ext for notepad) because files cannot exist in windows without an extension. The file system on the 8 TB drive in the DMS is NTFS...does that matter?
                        Last edited by Dead Eye; 04-16-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I just tried it too, does nor work under windows.
                          Viking lost down under

Comment

I'm having similar problems though not as bad as some listed here. All of my movies now appear after several rebuilds of the library and library updates. I'm having issues though with the videos the appear below recent movies. These all show no thumbnails and also show TV series in addition to movies.

I'm having problems even with FileBot identifying 2 Anima series (FLCL and Eureka Seven) both ripped from BluRay. I've tried a few times to get either to recognize them. Most of my TV Series didn't get scanned properly at first but now all show proper titles except for those 2. All of my files were named using the S0nE0x format used for Plex which I have on my NAS and she files to the MS.

Comment

Open Notepad go straight to the bottom and set file type to "all files (*.*) then type the file name above ".nomedia" and save. Works a treat: Click image for larger version

Name:	nomedia.png
Views:	207
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	352871
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X