No announcement yet.

Version 1.0.3.1 Scraper issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotsa luck with this. My server decided to redo my movies tonight, without me telling it to. So now a good lot of movies that had been right are now back in the video folder. It is one step forward, six steps back at this point. Trying to keep my patience, BUT IT HAS BEEN A YEAR!

Comment

Originally posted by stitch0852 View Post
      Lotsa luck with this. My server decided to redo my movies tonight, without me telling it to. So now a good lot of movies that had been right are now back in the video folder. It is one step forward, six steps back at this point. Trying to keep my patience, BUT IT HAS BEEN A YEAR!
      hi, what is your problem, there are some source not be showed as movie ? If you do the rebuild library, maybe need sometime to finish the scrape process.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

About this problem, I need more information to check it

1. Please tell me the 3 movie name
        2. Please pm your email of account to me

In next version of DMS, We will provide the function of fix TV series metadata, I think which maybe can fix this problem .

We are working for provide more function and tools to help user to edit and enhance the metadata library, which include the doc of API and the opensource project of local Web app first.

The more opensource project also in the planing, hope this can help our user control the media library and more happy for it.

Thanks for your reporting and good advice again.
        Please, get the open source project done soonest. Right now, I have a brick, it is utterly useless for anything but playing through the local videos. I can't even SEE my movies list, it just spins.
        This thing is worthless, and clearly needs someone else doing it.

This morning, I wrote a scraper. Took me an hour, and the available movie/tv databases on the web. It works about 99% of the time identifying movies by their name.
        You've had YEARS. Let real programmers work on this, or refund every dollar anyone has spent on this brick.

Comment

Originally posted by MattT1961 View Post

Please, get the open source project done soonest. Right now, I have a brick, it is utterly useless for anything but playing through the local videos. I can't even SEE my movies list, it just spins.
          This thing is worthless, and clearly needs someone else doing it.
          Sorry for your problem first, about your problem, I think there are must be some wrong, which is the special problem, I also want to fix this problem.

Please go to Settings / About and click Feedback, which will help me to find the problem.

This morning, I wrote a scraper. Took me an hour, and the available movie/tv databases on the web. It works about 99% of the time identifying movies by their name.
          You've had YEARS. Let real programmers work on this, or refund every dollar anyone has spent on this brick.
          Yes, I know many DMS users are the very good developer. and the open source is in the working.

About the Years, We have discussed it, there are some wrong direction of DMS, but for the current version, I think it's the correct direction.

Thanks again.

Comment

My problems?

1. I have two movie servers, both updated to the latest firmware release. Now what is interesting is the original has different images for the backgrounds of the different selections, the new one does not. Not really a problem, but surprising they are not both the same.

I load files to each server with a HDD in it. On one server, it will scrape a movie and display it correctly, on the other, nope. Not shown. When I try to edit it, nope, it won't take the edit, even though the correct movie was shown and selected. After a month, the new server still shows me six spinning circles attempting to update.

Now a new problem.

The TV series Columbo. Well who knew they had TWO pilots before the series? Yet the scraper cannot determine this. Have tried labeling them s01e00, etc. Nope, not having it. Shows they are not there.

I have the movie Francis Joins the Navy. For the life of me I cannot get the scraper to keep that movie correct. It keeps putting up the Abbott and Costello movie "In The Navy" no matter how many times I try to correct it.

The new server, if I am trying to copy files to it, seems to lock up within 30 minutes. Clock freezes and nothing works. Have to flip the switch on the back to turn it off to get control of it.

With individual episodes of a TV series, file named the way shown in the sticky posts, I get SIX icons for the same episode in the videos section (because it won't scrape them correctly) even though there is only one file on the HDD in the scraper with that name.

The list continues to grow.

Oh, and the movies names as "P" still show online and do not update for multiple movies. This issue was reported earlier in this thread and I did respond to the PM regarding this issue.

I concur with others, please allow us to change the scraper so we can get our servers displaying what we have correctly.
            Last edited by stitch0852; 08-01-2018, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X