No announcement yet.

Is there any development going on ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Is there any development going on ???

As is the 31/01/2019 i wonder if all owners of your Media Server are happy with their Hardware/Firmware/Software ? Not a single announcement by the staff and not a single posting, as if anything runs smoothly. My frustration is indirectly correlated to my patience. Only one media player dealt with was worse than DVDFabs' - some similarities : same buggy first generation released, very slow development, not very good documentations (like up to date user manuals) a.s.o.

Last user before this one xx/yy/2018
    Last staff post - even before mine

So again my question - "Is development DEAD ?" - seriously !

OK,

I have said before, there are the new version(v2xxx) in the developing, so we will not release new version before it.

and what is your problem of DMS ?

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
      OK,

I have said before, there are the new version(v2xxx) in the developing, so we will not release new version before it.

what I describe below only relates to the local HD "sata1" in the DMS Hardware, scraping from my NAS works a bit better ...

there are 2 folders on the sata drive, one called Movies and one called TV Shows ... the paths are type-matched

when there is a 4-6 second "black" scene at the end of a mkv-file (x.265) it starts to loop and not starting the next one - if stopped and manually start the next video file has sound but the screen stays black - only solution is by restarting the DMS ....

well, most are related to the scraping process - quite many movies are not recognized at all and some TV-Show episodes that have a similar episode title are shown in the movies category - these entries are not fixable in the browser (both versions)

within the TV-Shows some episodes do not show up - even though the files are there and working, sometimes whole seasons are shown but empty and sometimes whole seasons are missing ...

please explain what is happening when one re-scans the library or just a path .... is the harddisk re-scanned and compared with the library or just the database for missing pictures and text ?
      if i do re-scans i am getting randomly doublettes, triplets and more movie entries in the database, on the hardware as well as in both browsers.

the hardware shows different movies and tv-show configurations than in the 2 browser versions.

btw - is the activation server offline ?

cheers alex

Comment

Originally posted by ahab666 View Post
        when there is a 4-6 second "black" scene at the end of a mkv-file (x.265) it starts to loop and not starting the next one - if stopped and manually start the next video file has sound but the screen stays black - only solution is by restarting the DMS ....
        I have know this problem first time, thanks for report it, I will check it

well, most are related to the scraping process - quite many movies are not recognized at all and some TV-Show episodes that have a similar episode title are shown in the movies category - these entries are not fixable in ...
        And all about scraping problem, I have rewrite the logic of this part in the new version, and the database has been redesign it, I think this can solve most scraping and library problem.
        btw - is the activation server offline ?
        what your mean is using it in offline, I think only in scraping and the first time active are need online, and DMS also will support import the NFO files and local image in new version.

And I will report the developing progress and feature of new v2000 version in few days.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

yes i was refering to the activation server for a first time activation - i did a factory reset so i need to enter my creditentials to log in to the DMS.
          At the moment I get an error message about connection problems .....

regards - Alex

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
            OK,

There is no HDMI-CEC support included (=implemented by the Android OS directly). No settings to be found in Android Advanced settings. My experiences with HDMI-CEC are very disappointing on earlier Android versions. It was launched with Android 5 which was unusable and a valid reason for DVDfab to remove it from Android setup. Got myself a HDMI-CEC blocker to avoid negative side effects like ARC not working with some media players. This changed though with media players running Android 7.1 OS which finally got a practical useful HDMI-CEC implementation

Comment

Originally posted by ahab666 View Post
              Hello,

yes i was refering to the activation server for a first time activation - i did a factory reset so i need to enter my creditentials to log in to the DMS.
              At the moment I get an error message about connection problems .....

regards - Alex
              After Factory reset, all user information losted, so need reactived, but the connection problems should have be fixed in the recetnly version.
              And in the future version, I think if not active success, just jump it, most of function should be work normally, which will make DMS work normaly,
              only some work need active it first.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xfiniti64 View Post

There is no HDMI-CEC support included (=implemented by the Android OS directly). No settings to be found in Android Advanced settings. My experiences with HDMI-CEC are very disappointing on earlier Android versions. It was launched with Android 5 which was unusable and a valid reason for DVDfab to remove it from Android setup. Got myself a HDMI-CEC blocker to avoid negative side effects like ARC not working with some media players. This changed though with media players running Android 7.1 OS which finally got a practical useful HDMI-CEC implementation
                DMS will try to upgrade to Android 7 first, and then will check the HDMI-CEC problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X