Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Feedback I'm totally disapointed ...

After nearly 2 years, the software is still just not working and make the management of our series and movies a nightmare. It is very frustrating to try making this software working when it does not.

The only thing working and what I use the most, is the file manager! Like in the 90's, the overall age of this interface.

Below are the most important points :

- using an external server to manage our own library is not a good idea. If the server is down, we can not manage anything. If the server fails, we fail, etc.
    - 80% of the films are recognized by the DVD Movie Server, the other 20% is impossible to manage because the interface refuses to set them correctly, even manually
    - New movies are sometimes even not recognized. I've just added "Aquaman(2019)" (a very recent movie), it appeared in the file manager but not the gui!
    - Series are partially recognized too, for example, I have 2 famous series ("Star Trek" and "Poirot season 1 to 13") and some season are not there, some episodes in the season are incomplete and it is impossible to set it up manually! I've respected the manual of names provided by the team here, it does not work anyway.
    - If a movie or a series is not recognized correctly, the manual setting does not work too, so the library will show the bad movie. When I try to change it, the screen shows it working forever and nothing happens.
    - I've reset it a few times, so I've lost all my data and settings each time because there is no backup, even if it is a very basic option but not there...

Results, this device is good for playing, using sub-titles, etc... but totally useless to manage the movies. When I show the device to my friends, they always laugh and tell me to put this in the garbage...

A very very ... very frustrated user.

YM
    Last edited by ymartin; 03-28-2019, 06:17 PM.
    Yves,
    YMartin.com

Read this and keep your shirt on! https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...lopment-update
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Development progress update

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
        Development progress update
        So what's the update? It's now a week past the time you had promised us you were going to provide an update in the Development Update thread your team started.

Comment

Originally posted by duc135@gmail.com View Post

So what's the update? It's now a week past the time you had promised us you were going to provide an update in the Development Update thread your team started.
          The link that 90312 listed above has the update in it

Comment

I have not prombised the release time, I just give the estimate time, and I have update the information about this in the Development progress update thread.

Thanks.

Comment

I have not prombised the release time, I just give the estimate time, and I have update the information about this in the Development progress update thread.

Thanks.
              Sorry if I was unclear. I wasn't asking for an actual firmware update. I'm only asking for the update on the status of your development progress as you had promised you would have for us after the weekend of the 23rd/24th. I am following the Development Update thread and there is no post by you with any updated information. This is what you posted on 3/21:

I will update the status about the development in this weekend.

Thanks.
              All the posts after that are people reporting the numerous issues they are having and you and Signals asking for logs.

Comment

Sorry if I was unclear. I wasn't asking for an actual firmware update. I'm only asking for the update on the status of your development progress as you had promised you would have for us after the weekend of the 23rd/24th. I am following the Development Update thread and there is no post by you with any updated information. This is what you posted on 3/21:
                I have update it in the same post, just edit and add the new content, not add new post.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X