Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smb 2 dms 2.0.1.3

Hi,

A while back Ting suggested that the new DMS 2 would support SMB 2. When will this be implemented as I have been forced to re-enable SMB 1 on my Synology so my DMS can access my media. If I disable SMB 1 on my NAS then DMS refuses to see anything.

Thanks,

John

John is this somewhat what your asking?

Since the OTA update, I cannot access my server from the PC to add shows. I have disabled my firewall. I have uninstalled my firewall. The DMS and the PC

Comment

weehappypixie try using the 'Add Network Place' function in file explorer. I made 3 shortcuts using it, one for the main share(..see example) and 2 more that point to the folders I drop most of the content that I watch into, no SMB 1.1 required. The server isn't visible but is still accessible.

Example: \\android_xxxxxx\share (replace the x's that match your unit)

Now, if only the DVDFab developers would include the 'Network Locations' shortcuts in the 'Save To' pull down when creating content with DVDFab.

Comment

Hi Guy's,

Thanks for your feedback. I can access my NAS OK from my Windows PC under SMB 2. The problem is when I go into the Media setting within the DSM to add a Media Library. When I enter the \\NASNAME\ and enter the username and password it refuses to show the shares on my NAS and therefore allow me to select a folder for example Movies. When SMB1 is enabled on my NAS and I go into add a folder either via the local IP of my DSM 192.168.x.x:32080 or via the Manage library screen directly on the DMS I can select folders easily. Disable SMB1 on NAS and I can't.

Windows always works.

Thanks.

John

Comment

Working...
        X