Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matching / Showing "Season 0" episodes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matching / Showing "Season 0" episodes...

I attempted trying to put my first "extras" into Season 0 where I looked up on TMDB and matched what I was trying to get working. However when updating the library - none of them were found. Note I've tried "Season 0" and "Season 00" and neither works....same for s00e07 vs. s0e7.

Any ideas if they are on TMDB why the scraper doesn't find these? Note the scrapper found the Season 02 episodes just fine.

TRJ

Attached Files

TRJ - I don't have any pilot seasons to verify there is a bug with the movie server not being able to find them when they are properly labeled but have seen many of post denoting that there is in fact a problem with pilot seasons as season 0 like forever.......

The three movies from your attached files that you are having a problem with. The only one that really is a pilot is:
    The Muppet Show - Pilot - The Muppets Valentines Show...the other two are not noted as being a pilot/special in any of seasons as episodes. Believe they were just bonus features that were added with Season Two Box set. Just a bit of history on Weezer and the Muppets Keep Fishin'. and why it will never show up on the movie sever.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Weeze...s_Go_Fishin%27

For The Muppet Valentines Show, try.... labeling it like this.....The Muppet Show - s00e07 - Pilot - The Muppets Valentine Show...........(notice the dash between - Pilot and the Title)

About why it's on the TDMB and listed as episodes as such is wrong, someone listed it as such but it's not the official list, you can't create a list on TDMB or TVDB if there is already one that is listed, in this case The Muppet Show was mostly part a TV series and not movies as listed even though if you want to call a special a movie you can. Believe it was already listed as a TV series first when someone decided to upload there list on the TDMB, so the TDBM is not the official list for it, the correct series listed is on the TVDB as noted.

https://thetvdb.com/series/the-muppe...ons/official/0

s00s07 -Pilot - The Muppets Valentine Show, should show up....the other two not sure you will ever get them to show up.

Comment

Down2Earth - Thanks again.

I tried renaming. It is still not recognized.

For a system that is sooooooo dependent on TMDB - I can't imagine it is actually determining which episodes are pilots or not. I figure as long as it is in TMDB, it should be recognized.. However this is my first attempt at "Season 0" so I guess anything's possible.

Also, just as an FYI (and I'm not saying your wrong, only that my research had shown this) that at some point in recognizing the file name string, it drops the remainder of the name and therefore that part shouldn't have a factor in matching. I thought that this was the case as the end of the string and that the name of the show/episode was treated this way, which means that it could be called anything and should be dependent on the name, directory name, TV/Movie Directory, and sXXeXX. I've sort of noted this seems to be true in my dealing with my other problems.

TRJ

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ View Post
        Also, just as an FYI (and I'm not saying your wrong, only that my research had shown this) that at some point in recognizing the file name string, it drops the remainder of the name and therefore that part shouldn't have a factor in matching. I thought that this was the case as the end of the string and that the name of the show/episode was treated this way, which means that it could be called anything and should be dependent on the name, directory name, TV/Movie Directory, and sXXeXX. I've sort of noted this seems to be true in my dealing with my other problems.

TRJ
        Kind of sounds like how 1010 scraps, where it doesn't care and gates one or two out of that string and fetches the metadata and gets it right........with that being true how it works it has been hit or miss for quite some time but for the most part it's a lot better now I think. Had requested awhile back to Ting in development, to have the option to force scrapping if the server could not find a match. If what you are trying to put on the server is on TMDB/TVDB to allow us to input the tt ID number as an option and I was told that it wasn't going to happen. Believe it's because of cost to reference using that source but would be easier and bulletproof scrapping as an option.

Comment

I first reported the "season 0" problem 2 years ago. Still waiting for a promised fix.

Comment

More information Season 0. I pulled in a disc for CSI - Immortality (final episode after the seasons). This was first shown as a movie in the system, but it would like to display with the TV series. I then noted that it is actually shown on TMDB as a movie but is also listed under the specials *i.e. s00, e01" under the TV series. Once did a fix match to CSI, e0, e01, now it is not displayed or shown anywhere in the system? How to fix?

TRJ

Comment

Hi guys, I will bring this season 0 issue to the developer again.

Comment

Working...
              X