Failed to updated firmware to DMS v2.0.2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to updated firmware to DMS v2.0.2.1

I recent attempted to rebuild my library to correct some old paths from showing up in the library. After the DMS restarted, I received an error message indicating that the DMS was unable to connect to the server. After several hours on this forum and the web I was able to reload DMS v2.0.2.0 as DMS v2.0.2.1 failed to connect to the server each time. I tried via the on screen prompt and the usb update, both failed with the same message of unable to access the server try reboot. I have the server running, but I now no longer have the collections section available. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry one more thing, I discovered that what I thought was DMS v2.0.2.0 but in reality the SDK version that was loaded was 1.0.1.0 Where can I find 2.0.2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by gjzyk View Post
      Sorry one more thing, I discovered that what I thought was DMS v2.0.2.0 but in reality the SDK version that was loaded was 1.0.1.0 Where can I find 2.0.2.0?
      How were you able to get 1.0.1.0? Are you sure it's not 2.0.2.0?

Download for 2.0.0.2 is up top on the DMS server page in "Topics"....if you were able to downgrade to 1.0.1.0 there are a couple of steps that needs to be performed to go back to using V2XXX.

DVDFab Forum - DMS v2.0.2.0 is out! (USB update)

Comment

I downloaded the link from a forum discussion the file that downloads is the firmware that my DMS would load. I have included a picture of the information that is on my DMS. When i click on the link that was provided above, I get an error message that says the files are not there (screenshot attached). I was able to get 2.0.1.2 to load, but now not able to get 2.0.2.0 to load. I get the message that it sould not connect to the server. I tried loading the file via the USB update.
        Attached Files

Comment

Think I planted that link, surprised it still works....

Did you follow these guidelines going back from version V2XXX from V1010?

DVDFab Forum - DMS v2.0.0.3 Beta is out!

Also updating the firmware via USB, I had better luck only having the one firmware on the jumpdrive that I am trying to update. How do you have the zipped file labeled as an update to put on the DMS?

Comment

I had created folder on the jump drive to include all of the firmware updates that I have been able to download. When I downloaded the zipped files I placed baseparam.img, boot.img, bootargs.img, fastboot.img, fastplay.img, logo.img, pq_para.img, recovery.imp, and update.zip all in the root directory of the jump drive.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you extracted/unzipped the update zip file. That never worked for me. It was inconsistent at best doing the update via USB as I noted. You have 'update.zip' on the jump drive, try dropping the '.zip' label and just have it labeled as 'update' and see if the DMS doesn't see it. If I remember Windows is hiding the zip file extension on the jump drive and your file looks like 'update.zip.zip'.

Comment

I followed the directions to "clean data" prior to loading the beta version 2.0.0.3 and the upgrade went fine, however after the upgrade, I was no longer able to access the 8TB USB hard drive that has half of my movies on it. I tried rebuilding the library but the DMS would not find the drive, nor could I see it on my computer anymore. I reluctantly reloaded 2.0.1.2 and rebuilt the library. On restarting the DMS, I was prompted to upgrade the firmware, so I gave it a try OTA and the firmware loaded fine this time so my DMS is running 2.0.2.1 now. The library rebuilt perfectly and I am back to where I was before I attempted to rebuild the library to eliminate duplicate movies which resulted when I changed the path. My only issue now is while I can see both drives on my computer, I still can not see the DMS on the network. I can ping the DMS and receive back the ping, but when I try to reach the web portal, I get the message that it is unable to connect. The only thing that I did different was clearing the data on the DMS.
                Attached Files

Comment

My only issue now is while I can see both drives on my computer, I still can not see the DMS on the network. I can ping the DMS and receive back the ping, but when I try to reach the web portal, I get the message that it is unable to connect. The only thing that I did different was clearing the data on the DMS.
                  gjzk, excuse me for being a little dense.......you can see both drives on your computer, so are you trying to map your drives to see and send files over to them or are you trying to log on to your drive to see your movie library using the local web app?

Your ip address changes unless you do map out your drive so it might be different now that you done a couple of updates and is why you might be having a difficult time connecting back onto it as you noted in doing so before.

For using the local web:

using local Web Manager to check your library contents on your drive the address is http://your-ip:32080, V2XXX does not support the logging in on dms.dvdfab.cn as V1XXX does/did.

Comment

Sorry, I only half explained what I was seeing. I am trying to log on to my DMS to see my movie library using the DMS IP address, when I set up the server after installing 2.0.2.1, I set the ip address to the static setting. So I guess, with the update, I won't be able to see the Movie Library and make corrections on the computer.

Comment

Sorry, I only half explained what I was seeing. I am trying to log on to my DMS to see my movie library using the DMS IP address, when I set up the server after installing 2.0.2.1, I set the ip address to the static setting. So I guess, with the update, I won't be able to see the Movie Library and make corrections on the computer.
                      Yes, you can.........follow the same principles in the link provided to map out your drive and you won't have to worry about your IP address changing and you will be able to send, see and update your library on your computer. The link is noted as the problem with the DMS saying not enough space to share link but the same applies for what you are trying to accomplish......want to read up on what poster .mgn' and 'Deadeye' posted, you can go either way but I have mine the way 'Deadeye' noted, that way, at least for me did not have to enable and disable SMB1.0/File Sharing Support to see the DMS in Network under Windows.

DVDFab Forum - Manual copy problem

Hope that links helps for you, it is quite informative and was a good discussion.....good luck!!

D2E

Comment

Good morning, just wanted to thank you for all of you help. Following the directions on the link you sent me for "deadeye" I was able to get all of my drives and MS visible to me at my PC. Greatly appreciate your kind support!

Comment

Working...
                        X