smb 1.0 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking smb 1.0 problems

I've seen many times people having problems with Windows 10 networking and being unable to see media player. I've had same problem with my pc for the last year. My other pc's / laptops, not a problem. I had no problem mapping a drive to it, so I decided to find out why. Took less than 10 min. to solve it and here it is.

Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support & SMB Direct are installed.

Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run or in Windows 10 run Windows Powershell.

In dialog box, type optionalfeatures and hit enter.

Look for SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and SMB Direct entry on the list. Make sure you mark the check box next to it. Click OK in order to save the changes.

Restart the computer.

It is apparently sometime happens when doing windows updates you get corrupted systems files. Now every time I do major updates, I run Windows Powershell (as administrator) with the command sfc /scannow.

Hope this will help other people with same problem.
    Viking lost down under

There used to be a sticky post about this exact issue and how to enable SMB 1.0 but it got removed for some unknown reason when they enabled SMB 2

It amazes me how a sticky post like that gets removed, yet we have 6 of them for firmware updates, 5 of them are so outdated and most never fully worked

One day we might get a new firmware that fixes peoples issues..........heres hoping lol

Good reminder tho for those who dont know about the SMB 1.0 needs turning on ejm.

Comment

To check your system for corrupted system files run the 'System File Checker' by opening an elevated command prompt and type...sfc /scannow. See output below...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	SFC Result.PNG
Views:	352
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	392126

Comment

ejm, I didn't see where you called out that command line utility before I posted it . After running that I looked at the log and it said that there was 'Multiple ownership' of a lot of files that it repaired which to me is beyond the users control...other than fixing them with this tool. Typical of Microsoft though and their sloppy file system controls.

Comment

Originally posted by lamster View Post
          There used to be a sticky post about this exact issue and how to enable SMB 1.0 but it got removed for some unknown reason when they enabled SMB 2

It amazes me how a sticky post like that gets removed, yet we have 6 of them for firmware updates, 5 of them are so outdated and most never fully worked

One day we might get a new firmware that fixes peoples issues..........heres hoping lol

Good reminder tho for those who dont know about the SMB 1.0 needs turning on ejm.
          i believe it got removed due to numerous security risks - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...using-dvdfab10 post #10

Comment

Yea, I once told MS of a fix for their install program for win 10 using 2 graphic cards. Their response was, we will try to help you with this problem. in other words they never read what i wrote.
            Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
            X