Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking Cannot access MS via network

Hi,

Very strange situation. I have 2 pc's (desktop W10 pro; laptop W10 home) and a network drive running on Android (network name \\ANDROID_542410)

Both PC's are running on the same network, SMB 1.0 installed and work (checked in powershell) and all the necessary "services" should be ok and are started up automatically.

The problem is my W10 home laptop sees and connects to the Android network drive. The W10 pro desktop doesn't.
    "Net view" on the W10 pro desktop shows the Android-device but if I check via explorer it doesn't.

I can ping the network device but \\ANDROID_542410 or the \\IP-adress in the adress line of the explorer doesn't seem to connect to the device.

I de-activated the firewall and anti-virus (on both PC's they are the same) but still the same problems.

This all works on the W10 Home laptop...

Any idea what might the solution?

Txs!

There are a few post here on that subject...Try the steps listed in this thread. My post #6 is a good substitute for 'mapping the drive' if you don't care that the DMS is visible on your network or not.

Manual Copy Problems

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
      There are a few post here on that subject...Try the steps listed in this thread. My post #6 is a good substitute for 'mapping the drive' if you don't care that the DMS is visible on your network or not.

Manual Copy Problems
      Thanks but tried that before posting this thread...

Mapping this drive doesn't work. I can ping the MS, I can view it via net view but I cannot view it by adding network location. SMB 1 enabled. Checked the flags via powershell.

See attachment...

Txs,

B.

Attached Files

Comment

Have you looked at your local security policies? Maybe enable NTLM on your network?
        Weird...maybe try turning off(disabling) SMB 1?
        So the 'Add Network Location' function doesn't work then?

Comment

Originally posted by BartGoem View Post

Thanks but tried that before posting this thread...

Mapping this drive doesn't work. I can ping the MS, I can view it via net view but I cannot view it by adding network location. SMB 1 enabled. Checked the flags via powershell.

See attachment...

Txs,

B.
          try this in post #6 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...ount-directory

Comment

Working...
          X