Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, we are now over a year since we have had an update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Jims: Pass thru audio is the one real let down with Infuse, Apple doesn't allow it on ATV since they want siri to be able to be mixed in at any given moment. On their page in the forums is a link to go petition Apple to allow it. I was hoping the issue would be resolved with the mac release but I don't think their product allows it on Mac either yet, not sure if it is again a limitation of Apple or something else. If/when they support Mac with full features i would go buy mac minis for every room lol.

Comment

Raethien Thanks for the info. I've researched (and bought) several media servers/streamers looking for the perfect one. I have Dune, Zidoo, Zappiti, DVDFab, Nuc and NVidia and they all have their plusses and minuses. I'm mostly interested in the 'perfect' UHD streamer for my Synology NAS. So far, the only minus that I can see is, as you mentioned, no true audio passthrough/bitstream. Because of the excellent video quality of both HDR and SDR, if Apple bought out Infuse and made it their default player, AND, added passthrough, Apple could charge another $100 per Apple TV and crush all of the companies I listed above. And with Apple support and updates...one could only dream.

P.S. It would be nice to have the option to choose a model with/without Siri...with/without passthrough.
      Last edited by JimS; 08-05-2021, 10:21 PM.
      Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

@JimS: (From Infuse forum) Infuse does support DTS-HD MA and TrueHD, and the full lossless audio will be sent to your receiver as LPCM. The decoding process itself is standardized between all Dolby/DTS certified products (Infuse is certified and licensed for both) so in the end there is no difference whether this decoding is done by Infuse or your receiver.

I've tested and compared audio from my DMS and Infuse and I can't tell a single difference with Infuse decoding and my receiver decoding. You just don't get the pretty "TrueHD" showing on the receiver but I can live with that since the audio quality is exactly the same.

Just double checked and I can FF and RR with the Apple Siri remote in Infuse. I do have the touchpad disabled though so not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Hope that helps! (For some reason I didn't get a notification that you replied to me so I'll check back periodically to see if there's any further questions!)

Comment

Originally posted by metalheaddad01 View Post
          @JimS: (From Infuse forum) Infuse does support DTS-HD MA and TrueHD, and the full lossless audio will be sent to your receiver as LPCM. The decoding process itself is standardized between all Dolby/DTS certified products (Infuse is certified and licensed for both) so in the end there is no difference whether this decoding is done by Infuse or your receiver.

I've tested and compared audio from my DMS and Infuse and I can't tell a single difference with Infuse decoding and my receiver decoding. You just don't get the pretty "TrueHD" showing on the receiver but I can live with that since the audio quality is exactly the same.

Just double checked and I can FF and RR with the Apple Siri remote in Infuse. I do have the touchpad disabled though so not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Hope that helps! (For some reason I didn't get a notification that you replied to me so I'll check back periodically to see if there's any further questions!)
          Thanks, I will take a look at the FF and RR again. Have set everything up with my Harmony remote. As for the TrueHD etc. I do hear a huge difference. It may have to do with my sound system. I have 7.1.4 setup and there is a big difference running the same movie (e.g. Transformers: Age of Distinction) between the dolby digital on the Apple TV and my NUC running passthrough using DVDFab Player 6. Both audio is running through my Yamaha receiver. From day one I and several others have never been able to use our DMS with UHD movies using the best quality audio without horrible buffering problems.
          Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

: Just double checked and I can FF and RR with the Apple Siri remote in Infuse.
            metalheaddad01, I played around with both the Apple Siri remote and the Harmony remote and you are correct...FF and RR work on both remotes. I discovered that if I only quickly press the > button, it only skips ahead. But if I press and hold the > button, a little "1" appears and additional presses go to a max of "4" FF (and likewise, the RR). Thanks for letting me know.
            Peace, Jim

Comment

@JimS: Glad to help! Hope the Infuse setup works out for you!

Comment

Working...
              X