Ability to add external srt subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Converter Ability to add external srt subtitles

I would like to see,dvdfab to have the ability to add external srt subtitles in the video files!

Title updated to reflect thread content. Guessing not required.

Comment

I don't know what you are asking here because the Video Converter module of Fab already has the ability to do this.

Originally posted by Chris_Gr View Post
      I would like to see,dvdfab to have the ability to add external srt subtitles in the video files!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        I don't know what you are asking here because the Video Converter module of Fab already has the ability to do this.
        GregiBoy, could you please point me in the right direction(provide a link or step by step instructions) how to do that(permanently add subtitles to .AVI files using Fab) as I would love to know how to do that. I had no idea you could do that with Fab. I appreciate your time. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Video Converter, choose the file that you wish to convert, External Subtitles setting, choose SRT file.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

LoveDVDFab you are right!I want also to see how dvdfab have this ability!Can someone show to us how this is possible?Where is the External Subtitles setting???

Comment

Did you even read the above post?

Comment

Did you even read the above post?
                Yes all!Which i must give more attention?Can you give me please a screenshot where is this External Subtitles setting?In bluray ripper is in edit button,in video converter?Sorry about my english...
                Tnak in advanve!

Comment

GregiBoy you are absolutely right!Sorry about that,i found it and i test it,in my case doesn't works in a mkv and srt video file!I will test it in some others video and we will see...
                  Thank you again!

Comment

Video Converter, choose the file that you wish to convert, External Subtitles setting, choose SRT file.
                    Thank you for this information! Are there any plans for making this feature a bit more flexible such as recognizing .sub file extensions as well? Thanks again.

Comment

NFI Squared.....

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the problem lies in misunderstanding what some have asked here, including the original poster. Complication updated the title to "Video Converter Ability to add external srt subtitles", but I don't think that's what Chris or others who commented were asking about. When I read this I immediately interpreted the question as "how can I create a .SRT subtitle file instead of a .SUB file in blu-ray ripping and conversion?" I believe that's why he mentioned "blu-ray rip" in a subsequent post.

Even if that's not what they meant I'll ask the question: when are we likely to see the ability to create .SRT subtitle files in the blu-ray ripper?

Comment

I would suggest NEVER....

My reasoning is this!!!

SUB/IDX subtitles which is the method used for subtitling on most commercial titles, is held in a graphical format.

SRT subtitling is held in a text format.

To convert, a optical character recognition engine engine is necessary with all the inherent problems, support and inaccuracies and there is already plethora of Freeware out there already to do this.

I wouldn't bother if I was Fengtao.

Comment

Hi GregiBoy
                            I think I was asking a similar question in this post:

Create a playable XVID disc with subtitles can this be done with DVDFAB or any other way?

Help required please, I have movie 697MB (in .avi format) and an associated subtitle file (.srt) which plays without problem on the TV via a usb stick in a pioneer DVD player.
                            I would like to play this movie with subtitles using a 700MB CD disc or a 4.78 DVD-R.

I would like just simply to burn it to a disc. Not convert it to DVD format (vob).

So my understanding is that DVDFab should be able to do this, using file to mobile?
                            I can import the movie into FAB
                            I added the .srt file
                            I can view the movie in the bottom left.
                            But there is no “Next” button, and if I press “Start” FAB just shuts its self down..

Does anyone pleas have any advice?

Or should I just give up and burn a data disc using eg Nero and never have the subtitles.

Do you know of any suitable software that I can use to easily and simply accomplish this?

Comment

Just use your normal burning software and burn the video file and the subtitle file to the disk, just like you were making a data disk.

It should play the same as it did on your USB stick.

Fab is not designed for such tasks.

Comment

Working...
                              X