Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split feature Blue-Ray to Blu-ray

Hi,

Is there any plans to include a split feature in Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray. It would be nice to have the option of going to two BD5's or even two BD9's for the really big 30gb plus stuff when doing "movie only". Doing movie only BD9 "Transformers revenge Fallen looked terrible on 1080P movie only. Just to much compression. 720P was better though. I would have happily split it between two BD9's!

Thanks in Advance!!!

I'm glad to see what kind of support is offered here! I posted this a week ago and not one reply.
    I'm using the demo version and I will not be buying the full version with support like this.

Shalom!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffee View Post
      I'm glad to see what kind of support is offered here! I posted this a week ago and not one reply.
      I'm using the demo version and I will not be buying the full version with support like this.

Shalom!
      What you're asking would fall under a feature request and only Fabs creator would know what he has planned for future options. I've not heard anything personally about a split feature being added.

Edit wow forgot where I was haha!
      Last edited by W&B; 11-12-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Some kind of response would be nice.
        As I said earlier, I will not be buying this software under these circumstances.

No Biggee!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffee View Post
          Some kind of response would be nice.
          As I said earlier, I will not be buying this software under these circumstances.

No Biggee!
          DVDFab is the first to have BD compression so have fun finding another also before fengtao adds more options he wants to get all the bugs worked out. I'm sure he has lots of plans for BD to BD but it still early and needs fine tuning before adding options at the moment I think

Comment

Why have a feature request section if nobody responds? As I said earlier any kind of response would be appreciated. No response is disrespectful.
            I would have bought the software, now I will not. Simple.

Comment

Actually it a feature request section where users can post suggestions for the makers of DVDFab to look at and if they like them they will add it to an update and mention it in the change log. The threads that are started is for members to interact and talk about the suggestions posted. Now if you was asking questions then you do not post in here and post in the General Questions area instead where you would probably get a answer to the question

Comment

Also, perhaps you misunderstand this concept of this forum.

This forum is mainly for users to help users. All of us mods are unpaid volunteers.

It is NOT A SUPPORT FORUM run by the developers although they look in from time to time but at the moment they have their hands full with the BD+.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I will try the "General Questions"

Thnx

Comment

No BD9@1080P compression allowed on split BD

I split a 30GB BD folder into two equal folders of 15GB each using another program. Fab can read the contents of the new folders fine, but when I try to compress to BD9@1080P it says no compression needed and simply copies the folder retaining original 15GB size. It will compress to BD9@720P with no problems.

Comment

Fab is a stand alone program and results after using another program is unpredictable. Try only Fab to see the results.

Comment

Yes it is great program and stand alone it will take original 30GB folder down to BD9@1080P without issue, but much quality loss. I guess I should have posted under feature request. An option to customize rip and split movie at specific frames and/or time intervals would do the trick. 2 @ 15GB > 8GB is much better than 1 @ 30GB > 8GB

Comment

Please do post a request for that split feature and I'll second that. Can't promise it will happen but if enough users want it, it just might happen.

Comment

This is great timing...Cliffee posted that very request yesterday.

Comment

Thanks I never seen that, I'll merge your thread with that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X