X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no news....

Comment

Obviously not !!!

The developers are still busy with BD+ so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting !!!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Maybe you should add addtional option for custom BD size.

At that moment DVDFab have five media size options:
        BD50 1080p
        BD25 1080p
        BD9 1080p
        BD9 720p
        BD5 720p

It would be nice to add Custom BD size with ability to change size and resolution.

For instance. I want to make two BD9 discs with divided title. It is possible by compressing entire title to approx 18 GB, then divide it with external program. So I would like to compress title with DVDFab and then divide it in external program.

Of course, divide option would be nice, but at that moment Custom BD size is much, much easier to develop. Of course, in my opinion only.

I know, I can change destination size in Write options but it is not possible to set value outside predefined ranges.

ArtS

Comment

Still nothing!!!

Not even a maybe?

Comment

Would be nice

Just bought a licence for DVDFab and it works very well - but have to agree with the request for Split capability.

Uploading takes 40 minutes for original 30GB movie but need to write on very expensive dual layer Blu ray media - minimum cost per disk is greater than $20. I can get 25 GB BD-Rs for less than $4 each - even at 2 per movie that is acceptable.

Trouble is - uploading/compression looks like it takes over seven hours if I try the "squeeze into 25 GB disk" option... prohibitive....

Comment

Uploading? I think you just meant ripping.
              人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
              Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Yes sorry.

Comment

Solution Found

Found a solution using tsmuxer (freeware) to split files. After using DVDFab to rip to HD, and stream file (*.m2ts) is greater than 25GB, run tsmuxer - load in playlist file (*.mpls) from PLAYLIST subdirectory...entire movie will load…

Use tsmuxer "split & cut" tab to split by size - use Blu-ray disk output option (in new directory of your choice)- when muxing is done - new Blu-ray file structure is created, but now with two stream files, each less than 25GB.

Re-run tsmuxer this time loading in just one at a time of the two new stream files as input - again set output as Blu-ray disk - specify new directory for output as well. Do this for each stream file and two new file structures are created. Use DVDFab to burn each of these to individual 25 GB disks.

Worked on everything I tried so far....

Comment

Splitting a movie onto two discs is a niche-request. Who really wants to get up and swap discs in the middle of the movie? Not me. Also, have you tried BD5 and BD9 compression yet? Even BD5 in 1080p from BD Rebuilder looks amazing on my 50" Plasma (DVDFab will support 1080p BD5's in the near future)

Also to the OP. Your whining about not getting a response after a week is rather pretentious. Fengtao has responded to ever tech support request in a timely fashion...this is a feature request (i.e. feature change/add). There is no reason for him to respond to this request until it is implemented or closed.

Comment

Rip BR to (2) disk

is there a way to rip a Blu-ray disk into (2) separate BR disk?

Mods Edit: I want the Split feature for Bluray to Bluray!!

the current titles are more than 25gb's. and a 50g disk cost an Arm & a Leg
                      Last edited by W&B; 04-09-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Just a little changing of the wording so it fits as a request...I seen your other thread and thought I'd lend a hand.

Comment

You can manually split by using main movie mode and selecting the chapters that you want.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            You can manually split by using main movie mode and selecting the chapters that you want.
                            Would you happen to have instructions on selecting chapters?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WhatISaw View Post
                              Would you happen to have instructions on selecting chapters?

thanks
                              Sorry just Figured it out.

Thanks again.

Comment

If i select chapter 1-8 does this mean on the next disc i select chapter 9-16 or do i select 8-19?

19 being the last chapter.

Comment

Working...
                                X