Multiple Audio Tracks PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Multiple Audio Tracks PLEASE

Long time DVDFab user here in the process of converting my DVD's to digital files for my media server. Instead of having one movie file in 5.1 for my apple TV and one in 2.0 (Dolby Prologic II) file for my iPad, it would be really nice just to have 1 movie file that has a 2.0 default sound track for the ipad and the optional 5.1 sound track on it as well so when I watch it on the apple TV.

This would save a lot of space and time so that we do not have to encode the movies twice, one for ipad and one for apple TV.

+1

I have been asking for this for literally years!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Years!!!

Wow, I guess my little request for it will go unnoticed since yours has been ignored for so long. I can't imagine that this would be a difficult thing to do.

I would like to see the AppleTV have the 2.0 Dolby ProLogic as the default track and the 5.1 audio track as the secondary track myself.

That way one AppleTV movie back up would play nicely on my home surround system and TV as well as give me a nice 2.0 sound when played on my iPad. No need to encode the movie twice nor save 2 different types of movies.

Do they really read these feature request listings?

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand it either. I was basically asking the same thing on another thread that was just *CLOSED* by the forum moderator because I made the mistake about asking about other tools. Sheesh.

It's weird. DVDFab will either rip selected audio tracks but often output multiple split files OR rip a single audio track to a single file, but not both. So the tool appears capable, it's just apparently not a priority of the developers. I guess that they're more interested in opening new markets (where the $$ is) than supporting basic functionality their current customers are asking for.

I did figure out a solution last night (hint: rip selected audio & video tracks then if the result is multiple files, join using copy/b and remux the TS using an external tool) but if I mention the external tool I risk the ban-hammer.

*sigh* I never thought a DVDFab forum would be such a draconian place to discuss solutions to working around legitimate DVDFab issues.

Comment

Yes this must happen i really want to be able to select multiple audio tracks when i rip a dvd this would be a great feature i hope dvdfab make it happen i have sup[ported then for ages and told my mates about how great dvdfab is i hope they listen and take note of it. Surely it cant be that hard to do.

Comment

+1

I would really love this feature, as many of my movies have english and my native language, so its important for me that my favorite program support multiple audio and subtitle streams.

Regard,
            Lars

Comment

+2 but let's not hold our breath.... I've been asking for this for years.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I really want this option as multi audio streams are helpful for other people who don't speak English. I know bugs in dvdfab take priority but i have paid a lot of money for dvdfab and i want this option surely it cant be hard to do

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                  I really want this option as multi audio streams are helpful for other people who don't speak English. I know bugs in dvdfab take priority but i have paid a lot of money for dvdfab and i want this option surely it cant be hard to do
                  I want the feature for the ability to have both DTS & 5.1 streams in the same container and I also want the ability to hold mutiple subtitles in the same container.

It cannot be too hard. Free software was had these abilities for over 18 months. (I have inspected the code of the free software and it is not very difficult)

I think it just keeps being forgotten!!

Comment

I just sent signals a pm about this multi audio streams it is a must do your right it cant be that hard. I just want to be able to select all my audio tracks if we persist long and hard enough i am sure they will listen
                    Last edited by Justin; 05-11-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Same here +1, audio tracks, subtitles, chapter support and a constant quality option instead of a fixed file size or bitrate

Comment

W&B, How long have we been asking for this?

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          W&B, How long have we been asking for this?
                          I have about a year but I know you have been much longer. I remember whenever they re-wrote the DVD to Mobile conversion engine (the same as Bluray to Mobile) and I thought that was why they did that so the new options could be added. So it was actually before the re-write I suppose.

Comment

Thank you for the recent changes to dvd ripper i hope you implement all audio streams and all subtitles for all profiles in dvd ripper this is what we all want but anyway thanks it is a start

Comment

Did this ever go anywhere? I'm trying to do the same thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X