No announcement yet.

MKV Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with 90312, I don't have any problems with my MKV sources.

Perhaps your MKV's are non-standard '10-bit' downloads
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

A full mediaInfo report on one of the files may help us diagnose what is going on.

Are the titles Anime?
      Last edited by GregiBoy; 02-05-2014, 07:20 PM.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Just out of curiosity I remade a couple of the titles that would not load into creator with the original+DVDFab and they load right up, both drag and drop and the "+".
        I have to believe the problem is with the MKV.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Just want to add that MKV is supported. I am currently running a BD to MKV remuxed version of Thor: The Dark World in order to make it a bit smaler and force english subs in to the image.

The only issue i have though is that the subs in the MKV are unsupported, which are .sub , the english subs did not turn up when trying to force them in to the image.
          I had to go hunting on the web for a SRT version of the english subs, so i can force the english subs in to the image, so that i can understand what these dark elves are saying when they speak their own language.
          Last edited by Per K; 02-07-2014, 08:07 PM. Reason: adding extra info

Comment

Hmm, sorry about not replying sooner. These forums have decided to stop sending out emails whenever a post happens in the thread .. ugh..

What tool would I need to run to get the media info that is requested?

Comment

MediaInfo is a free download that would give you that info.

Albert Einstein

Comment

hmm, ok.

MediaInfo gave me file size... the same thing as Windows Explorer gives. And the file name and location ...

Ah, I found the issue ... MediaInfo does not support MKV .. according to the site and application's Help > Supported ...

Is there a working application that will provide media info?
                Last edited by Osi; 02-15-2014, 02:24 AM. Reason: not supported.

Comment

Select Debug at the top and Details-10 from the dropdown and it will give a lot more detail:
                  Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you,

Here is the additional details that MediaInfo supplies:

General
                    Complete name : H:\Series\Dragonball\01 - Dragon Ball\Dragonball 008 - The Kamehameha Wave.mkv
                    File size : 89.2 MiB

Comment

Well screw it, I'll re-rip

Comment

Working...
                      X