H.265-Compress Double Layer DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy H.265-Compress Double Layer DVD

My Request is to use H.265 to Compress a Double Layer DVD to fit on to a Single Layer DVD.

Using H.265 in the Compression should create a better Quality DVD.

Originally posted by lupe
    H265 can't make a dvd better than it is already should be able to give same quality using smaller file sizes.
    You must not have understood what I said.

The Compression Ratio is different between H.264 and H.265.

If you compress a video using H.265 at the same rate you will get a better picture quality.

If you compress a 7GB DVD down to a Single Layer DVD, the better Codex you use the better Quality DVD you will end up with.

Comment

A DVD authored compliant to the DVD Spec CANNOT use H265, nor H264 for that matter and DVD player hardware will generally not play H265.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by lupe
        I don't think you will be able to tell the difference between 264-265 for dvds or blu rays smaller files yes.The 265 is really ment for 4k video compression.
        H.265 has a better Compression Ratio.

So it Doe's Not matter if the File Size is the Same or Smaller.

Are you trying to tell me that I cannot use H.265 unless I have a 4k Video ???

If You had the Choice which to Use to Compress your Double Layer DVD, which would you choose ???????????

Comment

What I am saying is making a compressed video using a blu ray with h265 won't look much if any different on normal to large screen sizes.Try it both ways and do a careful double blind test with 3-4 people switching back and forth between the two versions and you will see none of the people i tried this with could tell the difference between the two.I used a 60 inch plasma TV adjusted for color temp and correct screen settings for the test.

You are welcome to use Fab any way you like should your devices be able to play h265.

I wouldn't compress a 2 layer DVDs at all DVDs are already compressed to death do a full disk or cloned copy. 2 layer disks are not that costly in spindles.

Fab does do a great job with compression on 2 layer dvd's with it's normal settings for dvd5 if that's what you really want to do also you can just make the main movie to get a better copy.

Comment

Originally posted by lupe View Post
            What I am saying is making a compressed video using a blu ray with h265 won't look much if any different on normal to large screen sizes.Try it both ways and do a careful double blind test with 3-4 people switching back and forth between the two versions and you will see none of the people i tried this with could tell the difference between the two.I used a 60 inch plasma TV adjusted for color temp and correct screen settings for the test.

You are welcome to use Fab any way you like should your devices be able to play h265.

I wouldn't compress a 2 layer DVDs at all DVDs are already compressed to death do a full disk or cloned copy. 2 layer disks are not that costly in spindles.

Fab does do a great job with compression on 2 layer dvd's with it's normal settings for dvd5 if that's what you really want to do also you can just make the main movie to get a better copy.
            Lupe are you into Politics.

I did not mention BluRay, and Thank You for allowing me to use DVDfab any way I would like.

You said,
            'Fab does do a great job with compression on 2 layer dvd's,
            but if Fab can make it better using H.265, what would be wrong with that ??

You mentioned Main Movie, If I can compress a Full DVD (or without Trailers etc) and be close to the Size of the Main movie, I think that would be a good thing.

Comment

The hardest to deal with is H.264/ACVHD, both of which offer excellent compression and even better quality. They are both based off of the mpg codec, and as such most DVD players will play them. At least, most new DVD players will. And probably only H.264, not the AVCHD.
              VOB and VTS, while I'm on the subject, are both codecs spawned by H.264 and AVC/AVCHD. (AVC stands for Advanced Video Codec. The HD means High Definition.)
              Intermediate formats include AVI, WMV, and Quicktime. AVI is very high quality, but is huge. WMV is capable of high quality, but is not as good as most other codecs for high quality and HD footage. Quicktime is a somewhat efficient codec that will have trouble being read on PCs (twas made by Apple) but is capable of holding full HD quality, albeit in a larger file than an H.264 file.

Comment

Now to you Gregiboy,

So according to the above VOB and VTS were spawned by H.264.

DVD Videos use the MPEG-2 video codec and Dolby Digital audio.
                The file container has a VOB extension.

Now since the VOB and VTS were spawned by H.264, I see NO REASON why H.265 should Not be able to also use the VOB and VTS.

Comment

@ordman.....

You are totally confusing everyone with your lack of detail and expectations and the way you are asking the questions.

1. If you wish to produce a fully compliant DVD playable in a standard DVD player, you CANNOT use H265.

2. If you wish to produce a file such as MP4 or MKV that will fit on a standard DVD5 from a commercially produced DVD9, this is certainly possible using H265 and the quality should hardly differ from the original.

Which did you mean? Please enlighten us.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    @ordman.....

You are totally confusing everyone with your lack of detail and expectations and the way you are asking the questions.

1. If you wish to produce a fully compliant DVD playable in a standard DVD player, you CANNOT use H265.

2. If you wish to produce a file such as MP4 or MKV that will fit on a standard DVD5 from a commercially produced DVD9, this is certainly possible using H265 and the quality should hardly differ from the original.

Which did you mean? Please enlighten us.
                    I am totally Confusing everyone (Do You mean that I am confusing YOU ???)

I thought I was VERY CLEAR in my Request !!!!!

I even gave you info to back up my Request.

How am I Totally Confusing everyone ???

Please Enlighten Us.

Comment

@ordman

I usually do not get confused with this stuff as I have been doing it for over 10 years.

I will try one more time!!! A direct question!!!!

Are you trying to burn DVD Compliant disks or are you extracting a DVD to a media file?

Comment

Hi, ordman
                        What GregiBoy said is that if you compress an h.265 video to a DVD, it will recode into mpeg2 which cannot keep the original quality, actually the quality will be very bad.
                        No matter what kind of video you use, after compressing to a DVD, it will recode into mpeg2, as the standard of DVD video gives that limitation.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          @ordman

I usually do not get confused with this stuff as I have been doing it for over 10 years.

I will try one more time!!! A direct question!!!!

Are you trying to burn DVD Compliant disks or are you extracting a DVD to a media file?
                          You asking a Direct Question is just a way of NOT Answering me.

Plus H.265 has NOT been around for 10 Years.

Comment

You asked a Direct Question,

My Request was,

My Request is to use H.265 to Compress a Double Layer DVD to fit on to a Single Layer DVD.

Using H.265 in the Compression should create a better Quality DVD.

I will try to make my Direct Answer as SIMPLE and UNCONFUSING for YOU as I can.

Fab can NOW compress an Original FULL DOUBLE LAYER DVD to FIT a SINGLE LAYER DVD.

What My REQUEST is AFTER the DVD is RIPPED, I want to Compress it USING H.265.

Is MY Direct ANSWER, UNCONFUSING and DIRECT enough for YOU.

Comment

Lose the attitude ordman consider this a warning.
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X