Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Simultaneous task execution?

Hi all!

Is there a way to enable simultaneous task execution for ripping DVD's in DVDFab?

I know my system can handle it as I frequently make .ISO images from as many as 4 instances of ImgBurn at once without a problem...

Thanks!

-Greg

Yeah just check this box in common settings and run multiples of Fab.
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi!
      Yeah - I already have that checked, but running multiple instances won't work for me...
      If you have 3 or 4 DVD's loaded up and start up DVDFab, it will proceed to automatically add ALL the discs to the queue...even if you hit CANCEL for each disc after the first one is loaded, then I'd have to open a 2nd instance and it would AGAIN attempt to add every DVD to the queue...and then I'd have to be adept enough to hit CANCEL on the first title...let it add the 2nd, then hit cancel for each of the others...and so forth

If it would let me choose how many tasks to run at once during a single instance of Fab that would be ideal...

-Greg

Comment

Greg, uncheck all drives in common settings and it won't autoscan the discs, you can add each drive manually to each instance.
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi!
          I guess I'm a high-maintenance user...
          The whole reason I like DVDFab for doing MKV rips is that is DOES scan all drives and I don't have to do a thing but hit GO...
          Running multiple instances to speed up ripping but having to keep track of which one goes to which drive would be a pain, and probably would not be worth the time saved by faster simultaneous rips

Unless the "multi-threading tasks" option is added down the road, it sounds like I will just need to be patient with the way I'm doing it and trade off ease of use for speed

Thanks for your insights though!

-Greg

Comment

Working...
          X