SRT Subtitle output option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) SRT Subtitle output option

I have over 600 movies on dvd and blu-ray, overtime when i am bored i convert them into digital files. Recently trying to digitize Star Wars the complete saga on blu-ray and dvdfab doesn't recognize the forced only subtitles, so figured i would just rip the subtitles to an external file and then edit out all the non foreign language and keep just the subtitles needed. dvdfab exports to an idx / sub file, which seems to not be supported by certain devices. I did try a subtitle converter that was horrible and gave up and just encoded the movies with subtitles burned in through the whole movie, seemed less time consuming.
    Anyways an SRT subtitle option would be nice or a converter to convert idx / sub into an srt file.
    If anyone can suggest a good converter for now, i would appreciate it or tell me how to get forced subtitles to always work when being remuxed into the video.

It need OCR engine to do the idx/sub to srt conversion, we don't have it in DVDFab for now, but we will consider it, thanks.

For you problem, what profile for conversion, and what player for playback?
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by kradnam View Post
      If anyone can suggest a good converter for now, i would appreciate it
      The program that I use that I've been real happy with is called SubtitleEdit. You can probably get it at one of your favorite public download sites. A Wikipedia link for it is:

PS I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes posting the link, but I figured it was okay since DVDFab didn't do it at present.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
        It need OCR engine to do the idx/sub to srt conversion, we don't have it in DVDFab for now, but we will consider it, thanks.

For you problem, what profile for conversion, and what player for playback?
        Sorry for late reply, been having issues with internet and i am fairly sure my router is dead lol. I used to use MKV for my files but now use MP4 since MKV doesn't allow for metadata info editing after the creation of the file and MP4 does. My main player is dvdfab media player 3.

Originally posted by Darkore View Post

The program that I use that I've been real happy with is called SubtitleEdit. You can probably get it at one of your favorite public download sites. A Wikipedia link for it is:

PS I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes posting the link, but I figured it was okay since DVDFab didn't do it at present.
        I'll try subtitle edit again, I tried one program and it kept misspelling words and it took for ever to convert, subrip or sub something lol,

Comment

Working...
        X