Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes most users of DVD copy programs do not know what they are doing which is why default is set the way it is so they not have bad burns or too many issues. Once the users have used DVDFab for awhile they figure out how to change settings and experiment more than they did when they first started. Also like W&B mentioned already you can have fab installed on all you computers but can only run it on one computer at a time

Comment

you can use the paid version on more than one computer, the only catch is you can't run both at the same time or your key may get blacklisted.
      Thanks for the info. I will read the license to make sure I am legally allowed to do this...

Yes most users of DVD copy programs do not know what they are doing which is why default is set the way it is so they not have bad burns or too many issues. Once the users have used DVDFab for awhile they figure out how to change settings and experiment more than they did when they first started.
      Bad burns and issues on the outer edge of the disc is ancient history. It's not 2004. The technology has advanced so much that even the cheapest discs can now handle full 8147MB of data with absolutely no problems with their outer edge.
      Thus, the limit made some sense in 2004, but not in 2010.

Just try and find a disc that has outer edge such problems. There just aren't any. DVD technology has advanced so much that such problems are histrory. So, there is no need to get around them with limits.

Comment

Originally posted by kurkosdr View Post

Just try and find a disc that has outer edge such problems. There just aren't any. DVD technology has advanced so much that such problems are histrory. So, there is no need to get around them with limits.
        A lot of these guys still have leftovers of these problem discs from 2004 so they might be able to find them easily.

We still get a lot of reports in the forums of the end of movie quality problems. I'd probably agree with your opinion of changing the default maximum size if the default write speed was changed to less then maximum as well.

The thing is that most people will not be able to tell the difference between 95% and 100% and the speed difference will be minimal. In the end it will be developers that decide if your argument has merit, not the volunteers here.

By the way, you can always just go change it in the registry. DVDFab doesn't let you edit it, but I think it still uses what ever value is in the registry from when it was editable during the trial.

Comment

Originally posted by kurkosdr View Post
          Thanks for the info. I will read the license to make sure I am legally allowed to do this...

Bad burns and issues on the outer edge of the disc is ancient history. It's not 2004. The technology has advanced so much that even the cheapest discs can now handle full 8147MB of data with absolutely no problems with their outer edge.

Actually I have a few DVDs in my collection that have been bought in the past 6 months to a year that have those problems and the burn too fast problem. Cheap media is cheap media no matter what year it is which is why I use only Taiyo Yuden and verbatim when I am waiting for my TY to arrive any other media I use just for testing when members have issues using them
          Last edited by Complication; 03-07-2010, 04:20 PM. Reason: word correction

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            Actually I have a few DVDs in my collection that have been bought in the past 6 months to a year that have those problems and the burn too fast problem.
            Wow, these must have been some really cheap media, I guess!

Even if this is the case, i don't see the reason why users of good media should be punished with weird limitations, just so some cheap users can use FailBrand™ media without problems.

If the disc quality is low, chances are there will be way more problems than just the outer edge. Here in Europe, we have a fail brand called intenso, and anyone who bought these media had many problems, outer edge being the least important of them. Writing in lower speed solved some of the problems, but not all.

So, there is no reason to cripple a program's functionality to help writing in really cheap discs. Again, back in 2004, when even mid-priced discs had problems, the limit made some sense. Now in 2010, you have to purposely go to a cheap store and purposely select the cheapest Failbrand to get the outer edge problem. All other media do not have such problems. So the limit doesn't make much sense now.

After all, users of cheap media don't care about quality. But users of good media do.
            Last edited by kurkosdr; 03-08-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Actually users are not being punished, the PAID version has the option to increase the writable media size as mentioned before and you are complaining about a FREE version. You made your request for the FREE version known, thanks.

Thread Closed.

Comment

Working...
              X