Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) DVDFab and TMT3 - Drive LOCK !

@feng or ting

Never had this problem with PowerDVD 9, but I'm giving up on PDVD9, too buggy.

Started using Total Media Theater 3 (v3.0.1.170), like it a lot, just a couple of minor issues for me.
    1. Does NOT display the DVD label / ISO info in he Title Bar or the Select Source, so you don't know what DVD your playing.
    2. The onscreen Information does not display the Audio Channel info, whether it's DTS, 5.1 or 2.0, previous ver did, lost it when I upgraded.

But here's the problem with running TMT3 and DVDFab at the same time (i7), and I'm only extracting. I hit the eject button on TMT3 while playing a folder from the HDD. Low and behold the disc ejected and cycled back in while DVDFab was extracting the disc. PDVD5/PDVD9's eject never had any effect while using DVDFab, but TMT3 does.

I always thought DVDFab LOCKED the drive when extracting ? As I've never run across settings for locking the drive, is it there and I'm missing it ?

If not, it needs to be implemented like on ImgBurn .....

Regards,
    AX
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

I second this suggestion as a drive lock would be good so you not accidentally open the drive that is being used by DVDFab which I just did by mistake as I have 4 drives installed and forgot which one was being used by DVDFab

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
      I always thought DVDFab LOCKED the drive when extracting ? As I've never run across settings for locking the drive, is it there and I'm missing it ?

If not, it needs to be implemented like on ImgBurn .....

Regards,
      AX

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      I second this suggestion as a drive lock would be good so you not accidentally open the drive that is being used by DVDFab which I just did by mistake as I have 4 drives installed and forgot which one was being used by DVDFab
      Yup, add my vote for this option/function too.

Likewise, I have 4 ODDs in my rig and when I'm trying to multi-task (I don't have a uterus, which puts me at a huge disadvantage...
      and I only say this with the utmost respect for the ladies),
      it's pretty easy to open the "wrong" drive
      Last edited by Complication; 03-29-2010, 08:57 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote box.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
      X