No announcement yet.

Argosy 335T Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of Argosy's wireless capabilities (rather limitations I should say) I will be buying me one (not for wireless streaming purposes, I gave up on that a while ago).

Wireless streaming of media on a LAN..... man, Gigabit Ethernet sure would be a wonderful thing to have, wouldn't it?

Comment

Yeah, C... About a third after all the overheads is what I have seen from experience and tests...

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      I think GregiBoy is right. 100mb is the theoretical limit of the LAN. It will be about a third of that with typical hardware and TCP/IP overhead. I believe the BD spec allows for up to 40mb/s.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I was able to get the Argosy up on the network and now can play 1080p files on the Argosy over the network as long as the files are streamed from one of my two computers. When I try and stream them from one of my two NAS', no luck. Both PCs have gigabit LAN cards although for some reason one of the PCs is only recognized as 100Mbps by the router. One of the NAS has a gigabit connection, but I question what real throughput you can get from the NAS. File transfer, at best, is 11-13MBps and about 6MBps from my Cisco NAS.

I was even able to play a 1080p movie on the Argosy over the network from one of my PCs while another PC was playing a 1080p over the network from one of my D-Link NAS.

I may just go back to using the Argosy's internal drive or a usb drive to play from, but since their literature stated it would do 1080p over a network I had to call them on it.
        I7-2600 3.4 GHz / Asus P8P67 / LG Corsair XMS 8GB DDR3 1600 / EVGA GEForce GTS-450 / 10X WH10LS30 10x Bluray Burner / Windows 7 Ultimate / Cisco E2000 Router / Argosy HV335T / D-Link DNS-321 & Linksys NAS200

Comment

Well, they were right then, it will do it...

But, as we all pointed out to you, and you have certainly proved by your testing, the throughput necessary to play high bitrate files can be bottlenecked at various points in your network, not just the player.

General rule of thumb that I use is all DVD Rips (AVI, MKV) can reside on my NAS's. High bitrate files are stored locally.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X