Argosy 335T Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players Argosy 335T Help

I recently purchased this media player. I have not yet been able to play Bluray 1080p files over the network using the device. The media player plays the file but the video is choppy and the audio cuts out. I can play 720p files fine over the network and I can play the 1080p files (including those with HD audio) fine from a USB hard drive connected directly to the Argosy. The performance is the same whether the Argosy is connected to the network via wireless N or hard-wired into my gigabit router (Cisco E2000). The performance is also the same whether the file physically resides on my desktop PC (Intel Core Duo 2.4MGHz; Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium) or on a network drive (D-Link DNS-321). Both the PC and Network drive have 1000 Mbps connections to the router. I can play the 1080p files fine over the network using my PC (video displayed on PC monitor; iso file residing on network drive) using PowerDVD, so my initial thoughts of this being a network issue I am now doubting. All the files I play are created with DVDFab Bluray Copy using Main Movie option and no compression (BD50)

Any thoughts? Thanks
    I7-2600 3.4 GHz / Asus P8P67 / LG Corsair XMS 8GB DDR3 1600 / EVGA GEForce GTS-450 / 10X WH10LS30 10x Bluray Burner / Windows 7 Ultimate / Cisco E2000 Router / Argosy HV335T / D-Link DNS-321 & Linksys NAS200

My guess would be that the network port/driver on the Agrosy unit is either defective or underpowered (for lack of a better term). Device manufacturers will sometimes use cheaper parts that don't meet the speed performance needed. I've heard good things about Agrosy on this forum but I do not have one.

Comment

I totally agree here with Complication. The bottleneck HAS to be the players network implementation.

You have proved that in your tests.

The fact that it plays OK on your PC is no indication as it is most probably smoothed out by buffering.

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      My guess would be that the network port/driver on the Agrosy unit is either defective or underpowered (for lack of a better term). Device manufacturers will sometimes use cheaper parts that don't meet the speed performance needed. I've heard good things about Agrosy on this forum but I do not have one.
      Last edited by GregiBoy; 01-15-2011, 08:19 PM.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Isn't this the player that Maineman has?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same brand, not sure of model but I am also pretty sure that he has yet to network it, just playing off local/usb drives.

Originally posted by signals View Post
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes, this is the same one that Maineman has
            Argosy HV335T Media Player
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Yup

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Same brand, not sure of model but I am also pretty sure that he has yet to network it, just playing off local/usb drives.
              Yup

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Yes, this is the same one that Maineman has
              Argosy HV335T Media Player
              CBR929
              Yup

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                Yup

Yup

Yup

Ok, but does yours work on raw BD content over a network?

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                  Ok, but does yours work on raw BD content over a network?
                  Sorry, the second yup refers to GregiBoy's comment:

"I am also pretty sure that he has yet to network it, just playing off local/usb drives."

So no, I haven't played anything over a network.
                  I'm not set up for this up here in Maine and I don't anticipate doing this until I'm permanently in my home in SC.

Sorry for the confusion.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I will bet that the player only has a 100Mb network connection and playing high bitrate files over 100Mb is marginal at best!!!

Forget wireless B/G/N/Z whatever !!!! It WILL NOT WORK!!!

Can someone please check out the specs please?

Comment

Forget wireless B/G/N/Z whatever !!!!
                      I have attempted to do this in the past as well and it will be a very long time before I waste any more of my time on attempting to configure wireless streaming media.

My advice:
                      Forget wireless B/G/N/Z whatever !!!!

Comment

Yep....

I would like a dollar for every hour that I spent too.

It's in my diary to retest about 2025!!!!

Originally posted by LoveDVDFab View Post
                        I have attempted to do this in the past as well and it will be a very long time before I waste any more of my time on attempting to configure wireless streaming media.

Comment

Can someone please check out the specs please?
                          I will ask in the next email exchange with the Argosy Tech Support guy.

Based on the light on the router, the connection is detected as 100Mbps and not 1000 Mbps.

At this point, they have had me upgrade the firmware, do the obligatory connection changes (different port of router, different cable, etc), turning off all other devices on network, etc. No improvement. In fact, I can no longer get an IP address from the router for it.

Works fine when using an attached USB drive or it's internal drive, but I would like to resolve whether this is a problem with the unit I have or a more general problem with the H335 over the network.

Thanks for all your replies.
                          I7-2600 3.4 GHz / Asus P8P67 / LG Corsair XMS 8GB DDR3 1600 / EVGA GEForce GTS-450 / 10X WH10LS30 10x Bluray Burner / Windows 7 Ultimate / Cisco E2000 Router / Argosy HV335T / D-Link DNS-321 & Linksys NAS200

Comment

To be honest, I don't think you have any problem. I think the problem is more with your expectations.

Most players only have 100Mb LAN connections and the high bitrate BR files are just too much for this connection.

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                            I will ask in the next email exchange with the Argosy Tech Support guy.
                            lem
                            Based on the light on the router, the connection is detected as 100Mbps and not 1000 Mbps.

At this point, they have had me upgrade the firmware, do the obligatory connection changes (different port of router, different cable, etc), turning off all other devices on network, etc. No improvement. In fact, I can no longer get an IP address from the router for it.

Works fine when using an attached USB drive or it's internal drive, but I would like to resolve whether this is a problem with the unit I have or a more general problem with the H335 over the network.

Thanks for all your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL View Post

To be honest, I don't think you have any problem. I think the problem is more with your expectations.

Most players only have 100Mb LAN connections and the high bitrate BR files are just too much for this connection.
                              I think GregiBoy is right. 100mb is the theoretical limit of the LAN. It will be about a third of that with typical hardware and TCP/IP overhead. I believe the BD spec allows for up to 40mb/s.

Comment

Working...
                              X