Media Player Question for Gregiboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players Media Player Question for Gregiboy

Specific question for Gregiboy (sorry, I couldn't PM), or anybody else that can answer I guess. I know you don't use these threads to solicit but would it be against the rules to ask if you can export players to the U.S.?

I've been searching and searching but not 100% happy with any of the players in the U.S. market, they all seem to lack one thing or the other. Been searching for any companies that export Measy, Kaiboer or other players not available here that may fit my needs, I've searched their websites, including Canadian distributors, sent them emails, but to no avail...

Seems strange in this day and age not to be able to get my hands on a product being sold in a crapload of other countries...

Sorry Mate, I don't....

Have you tried the Chinese manufacturers direc through their websites?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi Yapps
      How about here http://www.ecrater.com/p/9943972/kai...-full-hd-1080p
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Give the Xtreamer Pro media player a look and here link to website http://www.xtreamer.net/

Comment

Thanks, CBR & AGJ, the links you provided were very useful...

A few follow up questions...

AGJ, do you own an xtreamer? The Pro looks good, do you have any feedback on it?

Gregiboy,

Seems like I found sites that will ship both the measy and kaiboer to the U.S....

1) You seem to favor the Measy E9HD, but on the Measy website it only shows the E8HD, no sign of the 9...

2) The Kaiboer promotes itself as having 24 fps...is it not compatible with anything above that?

Are they both equal in terms of their capabilites in your eyes?

Thanks again.

Comment

In answer to your questions:-

I like both and really do not favour either, but like ALL media players they have faults & strengths.

Personally, I use the Kaiboer K530i with a 2Gb drive installed. I like the nice clean interface & coz you can use Album Art (I use ThumbGen to obtain it) and it will auto download MP3 lyrics when playing if available.

The only drawback that I feel that it has is chapter navigation playing MKV's not being implemented but just a 10%, 20%, etc jump when the 1, 2, 3 keys are pressed.

Measy seem to have renamed their products again as the E8HD was previously known as the E9HD when they introduced the swappable tray.

Again a good unit, obeys chapter marks in MKV but currently no album art in last firmware that I tested..

Originally posted by Yapps View Post
            Thanks, CBR & AGJ, the links you provided were very useful...

A few follow up questions...

Gregiboy,

Seems like I found sites that will ship both the measy and kaiboer to the U.S....

1) You seem to favor the Measy E9HD, but on the Measy website it only shows the E8HD, no sign of the 9...

2) The Kaiboer promotes itself as having 24 fps...is it not compatible with anything above that?

Are they both equal in terms of their capabilites in your eyes?

Thanks again.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

PS: All the 24P marketing B/S that is now flying around is just that... B/S!!!

Have a read of this for a good explanation:-

I have tested both Measy & Kaiboer playes from 15fps -> 29.97fps without any problems.

Comment

Perfect, thanks for answering that, I was just in the process of researching it...I had read one or two posts claming that it was just marketing bs, but just wanted to make sure before I shelled out the cash for a player...

I'm narrowing down my selection, just reading up a bit more and I should most likely make a decision by tonight and place the order, your help has been invaluable...thanks again...

Comment

Slightly unrelated, but what's a good brand 2 TB HD to throw up in the Kaiboer K530i?

Comment

I generally use something like a Samsung 2TB Spinpoint F3/4EG EcoGreen HDD 32M costs around AU$95 @ umart.com.au.

I don't see any real need for superfast, big cache disks.

Comment

@Yapps
                      I do not have the Xtreamer but some one on another forum has it and says it great and does everything that it says it does.

As for HDD go to newegg and check out the samsund and the Western Digital drives as they seem to have the 2tb on sale for udner $70 last time I checked.

Comment

It's down to either the Kaiboer 530i or the Xtreamer Pro, there's a bunch of info on Xtreamer Pro but almost nothing on the Kaiboer besides the main site...

Gregiboy, i'm mostly using it for movies/tv shows, do you have a screenshot of the movie interface gui for the Kaiboer?

Comment

Unfortunately I can't as my DigiCam is borked but:-

If you can imagine a black 16:9 screen with 3 rows and 7 columns with an image and the movie name underneath that is what you get. If the movie name is long it will scroll backwards & forwards once you navigate to it.

I'll give you some examples that I have done attached:-

These are all held in the Science Fiction\Alien directory and have all been modified/created by me. The 00000000.png file shows when navigating the SciFi directory to indicate the Alien folder. All the others show when navigating to the next level when you have a movie file of the same name.

Note that I have used the Dolby logo and DTS Logo to indicate what sound tracks I have included in the MKV.

Hope that helps...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by GregiBoy; 04-01-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Ok, that gives me a better idea of what it's going to look like...I like the fact that I can assign my own cover art to movies/folders.

Any idea if they have plans for metadata, description, etc., finding info online is like pulling teeth, their web presence is almost non existant...

Thanks again...

Comment

No, I have no idea as I am gradually withdrawing myself from the Company on a day to day basis with retirement shortly down the track and now have a lot less to do with the manufacturers.

Yeah, that is the problem with most Chinese manufacturers as they tend to rely on their distributors and, to be honest, it is not worth the effort to do that for the profit margins in this stuff.

I do not even factor sysnopses, etc in my equations as I regard that is B/S on any media player. My main criterae are a nice interface that plays the media that I throw at it well.

I drive all of my libraries with metadata, etc from the PC end as all my libraries are on NAS's or Media Players that act as NAS's and I consolidate them at one point.

My library is just too big for any player to handle with over 1000 movies, 2500 TV series & 35000+ MP3 tracks.

As I said before I use ThumbGen (Freebie) to do the initial collection of data and then refine it from there myself.

Originally posted by Yapps View Post
                              Ok, that gives me a better idea of what it's going to look like...I like the fact that I can assign my own cover art to movies/folders.

Any idea if they have plans for metadata, description, etc., finding info online is like pulling teeth, their web presence is almost non existant...

Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
                              X