This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help PLEASE nothing to do with DVDs.

I have read all the rules, and this should be okay here.

When I first started using a computer, probably before most of you were born, it was a Commodore 64, a very basic computer but I wish I still had it as I also had with it (purchased legally NOT free) one of the best pieces of software EVER, well IMHO anyway.

It was ''Kennedy Approach'', an ATC simulator game, very basic especially compared to modern games, but I LOVED it, had some visitors who when on the higher levels they had to turn it OFF as they were getting too stressed out.

Anyway I went searchng yesterday on line to see if I could somehow get it for my computer, trouble was 3 or 4 different sites that claimed to have downloads of it for normal computers none of them worked, just got the title page and nothing else.

Does anyone here know how I can get a working copy of it on my computer?

Thank you for any help..................

Wow a fellow commodore user. did you use all those poke and peek codes to change the color of the screen. I started out with a vic 20. I remember when you had to use a tape cassette drive. If I recall frogger was a big hit. I don't remember Kenedy approach but I thought there was a video game site that allowed you to play 80's video games. I remember trying it out along time ago. Try googling and see what you get.

Comment

There's a forum I just recently joined not too long ago and they have a games section and I am sure they could help you out with that. If you want to know the name of this forum just send me a PM

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
        Wow a fellow commodore user. did you use all those poke and peek codes to change the color of the screen. I started out with a vic 20. I remember when you had to use a tape cassette drive. If I recall frogger was a big hit. I don't remember Kenedy approach but I thought there was a video game site that allowed you to play 80's video games. I remember trying it out along time ago. Try googling and see what you get.
        Yes I started with the vic 20 and cassette tapes.

Is ''frogger'' the one where you had to get him across many lanes of traffic without getting spattered everywhere? IF so yes I played that a lot.

As I said I did a search (it was on Google but didn't know if I should mention the name here) and the main sites that came up the downloads didn't work, or wouldn't work for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          There's a forum I just recently joined not too long ago and they have a games section and I am sure they could help you out with that. If you want to know the name of this forum just send me a PM
          Yes please...........

Comment

Yeah davidh he had to get across the road and you had to avoid the logs floating by and I believe there were cars and trucks too.

Wow has everything changed. Kids these days if it's not ps3 or xbox forget it..

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
              Yeah davidh he had to get across the road and you had to avoid the logs floating by and I believe there were cars and trucks too.

Wow has everything changed. Kids these days if it's not ps3 or xbox forget it..
              You are bringing back memories now, YES that was the one, spent many hours playing that.

I still prefer a lot of those older ones.

Comment

Some real old memories here, I will have to go through my boxes now and see what I can dig up.I know I have Astroids ,PacMan , and a couple good Pin Ball games

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Have had quite a response there already, but still cannot get it to work.

Think I will just forget it and move on, thank you for your help though.

Comment

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
                    Some real old memories here, I will have to go through my boxes now and see what I can dig up.I know I have Astroids ,PacMan , and a couple good Pin Ball games
                    Yes I had forgotten about that ''frogger'', it was really good for its time.

Actually the best ever still even now, don't know if it was Worldwide I assume so, was a game machine only (NOT a computer) called ''intellivision'' (I think that is correct from memory), all our Family loved that machine and its games, when it was going out I bought a couple of extra consoles and many more games at bargain prices, however the consoles all stopped working eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                      Have had quite a response there already, but still cannot get it to work.

Think I will just forget it and move on, thank you for your help though.
                      I thought you would get a few responses but I think you should wait a little and see where it goes as it only been a day and it is an old game so it takes some time to find it. A member who might not be on yet could possibly be able to help so I would give it a week tops if nothing comes of it then call it quits
                      Originally posted by davidh View Post
                      Yes I had forgotten about that ''frogger'', it was really good for its time.

Actually the best ever still even now, don't know if it was Worldwide I assume so, was a game machine only (NOT a computer) called ''intellivision'' (I think that is correct from memory), all our Family loved that machine and its games, when it was going out I bought a couple of extra consoles and many more games at bargain prices, however the consoles all stopped working eventually.
                      I have 2 consoles and 2 atari ones as well and they still worked the last time I tried a few years back

Comment

I thought you would get a few responses but I think you should wait a little and see where it goes as it only been a day and it is an old game so it takes some time to find it.
                        You were right again.

All sorted now, by I assume the big boss (HiTeck), it was the download that I had tried to use many times, I am too embarassed to tell you what was wrong you can read all about it on that other site.

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Well glad they came through for you and I will check it out later as I am heading out now that I read all of the new posts from here

Comment

As you will see over there (AGJ) I have been playing it for over an hour this morning, I find it very addictive, only on the lowest level at Atlanta, but managed to survive all that time with NO incidents.

IF anyone is going to play it, beware the Concorde arriving from London.

Comment

Thanks I probably will give it a try

Comment

Working...
                              X