X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
    Thanks I probably will give it a try
    IF you do, and have never played it before, it really can be quite stressful IF you take it too seriously, just remember it is ONLY make believe, lives are NOT really at risk.

Comment

Another thing I forgot, on the Washington DC Airports, when you takeoff from Washington, NO matter what your destination, you MUST initially turn left, otherwise you get shot down for overflying the White House, as I just did.

Hope nobody here was on that flight................

Comment

Well glad they came through for you
        Not so sure now I have been playing the thing nearly all day.

Comment

Thanks I probably will give it a try
          Have you given it a trial run yet?

I have been playing it most of the day again, just don't tell ''her who MUST be obeyed''.

Comment

not yet but once I am done with backing up the movies I purchased Tuesday I will give it a try. These conversions to mobile format take a long time so I just do one movie a day till they done

Comment

Kennedy Approach can be downloaded here:

It is a small 1.6MB file and is said to be able to run on Win2000 / XP / Vista

Comment

Yes, and it is a much improved and larger program than when it was on the Commodore 64, has many additional Airports etc.

Takes a lot of getting used to controlling the Aircraft with the mouse, used to be with a joystick.

Still causing me a few headaches, just make SURE that it says what you want, sometimes it is saying right when you want left, make sure before you give the order to the Aircraft it is what YOU want, otherwise can be fatal (in the game) consequences.

Also IF you don't know the rules, try to read up on them. Lots of traps IF you don't know, for just some of them, ALL Aircraft MUST exit at 4000 feet, you cannot descend below 4000 feet over mountains, you cannot enter a storm, you cannot have any 2 (or more) Aircraft at the same altitude within 3 miles of each other, then there are a few local rules like the Washington one, you cannot overfly the White House, so all takeoffs must be to the LEFT.

Should also point out what was stopping me using it before, after you download it and get the title screen up, press your space bar to start the program, then it is self explanatory.

Can be VERY stressful on higher levels, especially when there is a mix of Aircraft, ''normal'' Airliners plus Concordes and light Aircraft too.

Comment

Sounds like you have your Sunday worked out for you?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Sounds like you have your Sunday worked out for you?
                    YES, but sadly not playing Kennedy Approach.

All the Family here today, tomorrow will be games day when I am on my own.

Comment

Hardly self explanatory. There wasn't even a list of how to control anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 85rx7 View Post
                        Hardly self explanatory. There wasn't even a list of how to control anything.
                        Well I had some idea of how it works, but if you go to the official site......

you can then select ''manual'' and read and/or print off all the rules and how it works.

Comment

AGJ, I am having a really weird problem now with this, it is driving me crazy, and even your people at TechKings don't seem able to solve it.

Comment

Weird problem? Is that not being able to stop playing

Comment

I WISH................

You obviously haven't been on TechKings.

Comment

I just cannot understand this at all.

I have a fairly new computer only a few months old, but before Windows 7 which I don't want, running Windows Vista Home Premium, and especially as I am now retired it is fully up to date with all updates from Windows and everywhere else.

I have now confirmed from 2 separate sources that I have NO viruses or malware on the computer.

I wanted this Kennedy Approach and downloaded it from the official site some weeks ago, but couldn't get it to work, had I read the ''manual'' I would have got it going, but who does that.

After I was directed to this site and joined, I found out that the download I had done WAS okay, just I needed to press the space bar to start it.

From then for several days it was working great, each time I had had enough, or was in danger of having a stroke or heart attack from the stress, I closed it and each time I went back I just started again. (In answer to someone's question, I never saved anything).
                                I just cannot understand why, when I did NOT download anything else or alter that download that was working, AND I do NOT have any viruses or malware introduced since then, why it has not only stopped working, but does this crazy business of opening numerous I/Es.

Any ideas PLEASE????

Comment

Working...
                                X