Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Longer Before DVDFab Becomes Obsolete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garry E View Post
    The reasons I updated were Dolby HD/DTS MA support and BD ISO support. While the WD was a great unit it does not support these features nor does it look likely to in the near future.
    My AIOS does support the above. As I've said, I have not found anything that causes it to fail/stumble including Dolby TrueHD.
    I do quite a few BD mkv conversions and occasionally I'll rip a BD disc to .ISO.
    Works like a hot knife through warm butter.

Again, as I've said, it's available for $89 US
    I have no idea as to its availabilty in the UK
    I'll leave that research for the folks across the pond...

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
    Like all media players, it has some shortcomings, but generally good and around only AUD $110.
    Spoken like my mentor...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hello Maineman
      Your AIOS does sound like a great unit. When I was looking to upgrade I looked at them but there was a really negative review on Google at the time that steered me away but from your posts and many others on this forum they seem to be very reliable. The Dune was way to expensive for what it is in comparison to other players but did seem to have pretty good reviews and I certainly can't complain about build quality. Would seem the AIOS has the drop on all of them as it pretty well does everything I would expect from a media player.

Comment

Do the AIOS's run YAMJ (Yet Another Movie Jukebox)?

It does a great job of covers, plots, database, etc...
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          I have a question for you experts: Does Cinavia pass through to a DivX file? The PS3 supports divx and looks really good, I'm pretty sure I read it passes to mp4 files, just curious?
          Cinavia is present in audio file and is quite robust. To answer your question it indeed does and you back up file will have it as well.
          If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Thanks Hawk, I guess it's time to get on the media player bandwagon. I think it's just a matter of time before Cinavia becomes the standard for all DVD movies even SD.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

No question, however they have to phase out dvd players first if they want max benefit from it.
              If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                Thanks Hawk, I guess it's time to get on the media player bandwagon. I think it's just a matter of time before Cinavia becomes the standard for all DVD movies even SD.
                You will wonder why you didn't do it sooner

Comment

Working...
                X