Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Longer Before DVDFab Becomes Obsolete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Much Longer Before DVDFab Becomes Obsolete?

With Sony now requiring users of the Playstation 3 to upgrade their firmware to use ANY service, from the Playstation Network to Netflix to Hulu +, with manufacturers increasingly requiring a network connection and infecting their DVD and Blu-ray players with Cinavia, with media playback software such as PowerDVD being forced to add Cinavia by year's end, with movie studios adding Cinavia to nearly all of their major blockbusters going forward, one has to wonder: by this time next year, will DVDFab be obsolete? Without the ability to copy any newer physical or digital media containing Cinavia, and no viable solution to Cinavia in the foreseeable future, I'm becoming increasingly concerned that a year from now, this software may no longer be functional for most users.

Could this finally be the end of DVDFab? I certainly hope not, but I fear the worst.

Obsolete

ABARAX, as long as there are Media Players, you'll never have to worry about "CINVINA"! All media players are not infected, some names of Media Players, DUNE-Top of the line, WD-Live, Aios, Boxee, and many, many, more!

They will play any movie that is in fected! This stuff is all over the forum! Check out Media Players on-line on any website!

Comment

Media Players and Cinavia

Absolutely agree - throw out the PS3 and anything Sony -- I now have a DUNE D1 Media Player and it really is a stunning piece of equipment - Expensive yes, but worth every penny if all you want to do is stream or play any type of BD rips from a NAS or local drive - The WD TV live is also very good --- My PS3's have been dumped as will my Sony TV's, cameras and anything else with a Sony connection.....

Comment

I can only agree also.

Been using media players for at least 8 years and have always found that far better and now they are relatively cheap, besides the obvious convenience....WOOOTTTT!!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Every copy protection has (and will eventually) be circumvented

It is only a matter of time and willpower.

Comment

Originally posted by misschinagirl View Post
            Every copy protection has (and will eventually) be circumvented
            It is only a matter of time and willpower.
            Could not agree more...!
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

But there will always be a new one to replace it.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

More & more titles

It is becoming a big problem with the PS3 & Cinavia files, especially when the DVDFAB fix no longer works, with the latest firmware.

There is a product called Movie Fix 2.0 which claims to get around Cinavia.
                But I can't find much information on it, which is weird. Not sure if I am going to chance it & give it a test. I've emailed them to ask if it will work with DVDFAB.

Anyone every heard if this ?

Comment

Media players

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
                  ABARAX, as long as there are Media Players, you'll never have to worry about "CINVINA"! All media players are not infected, some names of Media Players, DUNE-Top of the line, WD-Live, Aios, Boxee, and many, many, more!

They will play any movie that is in fected! This stuff is all over the forum! Check out Media Players on-line on any website!
                  OK, not sure why I looked at these posts, but, for over a year it has been my intention to back up Blu Ray`s onto a NAS drive, and I purchased a Seagate Go Flex home 2Tb drive to do it on! Finally got it working and on the network at Christmas, using it for Back up of my laptop, and a few audio files, but still not figured out how to do what I actually wanted to do with it as far as Movies go. BUT, now decided, having read this post that I will leave it as it is, and purchase a dedicated Media Player.
                  Looked at the Dune, and their max version looks the biz, BUT, been off work for 6 weeks following a heart attack and the £67 a week SSP does not cover all my bills by a long, long way. SO, hoping to go back to work next week, then can soon get some money on one side. Come on Guys and galls, do I buy the Dune, or is there anything else as good but slightly less money? (in the UK)Honest opinions appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveStuff View Post
                    Come on Guys and galls, do I buy the Dune, or is there anything else as good but slightly less money? (in the UK)Honest opinions appreciated.
                    Hey Steve,

First off, best of luck to you and we hope you're back on your feet soon, both health-wise and money-wise.

I have no personal experience with Dune, but I haven't heard any owner complaints except with respect to the price tag.
                    I don't think you can go wrong...depending on how far you want to reach into your wallet.
                    Like everything else...what's it worth to you?

I bought an AIOS for $89 US at amazon (free shipping, & no sales tax).
                    It plays everything I throw at it without a hitch...handles Dolby TrueHD as well.

My only complaint is the remote.
                    Lots of functionality, very poor layout....3rd graders would have done better.

Lots cheaper !!!
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I have a question for you experts: Does Cinavia pass through to a DivX file? The PS3 supports divx and looks really good, I'm pretty sure I read it passes to mp4 files, just curious?
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Niner, I am pretty sure that it does.

Get a player from a no-nfected manafacturer, not that "Typhoid Mary" manufacturer, SONY!!!
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I would if I fooled around with BR disks, but they are just too much trouble to backup in my opinion. I watch the originals on it and play a game now and then. It is not a media player by any stretch!
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Come on Guys and galls, do I buy the Dune, or is there anything else as good but slightly less money? (in the UK)Honest opinions appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hi Steve. I recently moved up to the Dune H1 and as everyone reports it is a great machine.Previously I had been running a WDTV Live and in my opinion it was every bit as good if not better than the DUNE and about a third of the price.

The reasons I updated were Dolby HD/DTS MA support and BD ISO support. While the WD was a great unit it does not support these features nor does it look likely to in the near future.

That said if these features are not an issue for you I would highly recommend the WD > it has great support and a very reasonable price (currently around AUD $130)

Comment

I was given a AC Ryan HD Mini 2 for Christmas and am very pleased with it.

Like all media players, it has some shortcomings, but generally good and around only AUD $110.

Comment

Working...
                              X