No announcement yet.

VHS to DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rarely record television shows but I just discovered that with the exception of OTA channels, I can no longer record standard definition channels on my DVD recorder. Naturally, there was no advanced notification from my cable provider. I suspect that this move was initiated by the recording/TV/movie industry and is a national trend to coerce customers into renting/buying DVRs or Tivo units.

This Sunday nights line-up presents a unique conflict. The Packers are playing a night came, The Walking Dead begins season 3 and my wife wants to see The Amazing Race. Interestingly my problems will magically disappear if I rent a DVR from my cable company (AKA - pay the royalties). I hooked up the Video Stabilizer and everything works. That is, I can record all non-HD channels. The quality is useable.

Comment

thanks for the information and link

Comment

This has worked well for me. It seems to be the source for the product in the link above. Works on both VHS source with Macrovision and DVD protection via composite outputs from another DVD player. When you are faced with nothing vs. VHS quality it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X