Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tricking software players to prevent cinavia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tricking software players to prevent cinavia?

Here's a weird thought.

We know cinavia works via the audio stream, and when its not coming from a protected path, the player kicks out the "error message".

However, is there anyway to trick the player into thinking the content is coming from a protected path when it's really not?

ex: in a miniso/virtual drive world, would it be possible to encrypt the content on the fly with some made up aacs key that the software player would then negotiate a key with "virtual drive" and therefore believe it is coming via a secure path?

this would lead to the cat/mouse game that game developers played with tools like daemon tools and the like, but in practice it didn't work out that well for them.

I figure it might be impossible due to things like being able to have a key that would be valid in the aacs key space, but wondering if anyone has thought of this?

Just use Fab Media Player. It doesn't and will not have Cinivia problems.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      maybe its gotten better of late, but when I tried it a few months back, it wasn't that usable for me.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

Normally, I would agree with this, but in this case, Cinavia Protection is a function of the code on the disk, and the code in the hardware playing the disk... NOT the software player itself...

Otherwise, it would have been defeated long ago...

DC

Comment

Don't know exactly what you are trying to say here DC but DVDFab media player does not see the Cinavia watermark, or hear it whichever it is, so Cinavia protected discs play fine on it. Play fine on my media player too with an external drive attached to test.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Media Player

Nice way to sell more media players.. Don't solve the protection problem

Comment

Originally posted by singleman5 View Post
              Nice way to sell more media players.. Don't solve the protection problem
              Yes it does, I don't have a Cinavia problem, I can backup a Cinavia protected disc and play it back, so the problem is solved.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X