Quick/ Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Quick/ Sync

When changing my M/B for one that has QS(lucid) I would only have to un-plug and change everything, wouldn't I?

Would I have to do a complete Windose install, would I? In other words would I have a lot of work to swap over?

Changing to i7 3770k 4th gene, and 8gb to 16gb ram (consair vengeance), but will be ruuning 16 gb memory sticks(only 8g x 2)

Any help would be apprediated!

I reckon it'd be 50/50 whether it would work.

I'd give it a go though.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
      When changing my M/B for one that has QS(lucid) I would only have to un-plug and change everything, wouldn't I?

Would I have to do a complete Windose install, would I? In other words would I have a lot of work to swap over?

Changing to i7 3770k 4th gene, and 8gb to 16gb ram (consair vengeance), but will be ruuning 16 gb memory sticks(only 8g x 2)

Any help would be apprediated!
      Its a good possibility that you will have to install windows "new key" windows binds to ur bord and cpu bur all the rest should be simple enough if you need any help hit me up bud

Imo i wouldnt upgrade from ur i5 to i7 just for Q.S not worth it
      half of the time i cant get Q.S to even work so i just stick with software
      Last edited by Jonatan; 09-02-2013, 12:34 PM.
      ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Thanks a lot GB and JON! I'm still in the looking phase!

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
          Thanks a lot GB and JON! I'm still in the looking phase!
          If i was u i would upgrade board,gpu, and trade out hdd 4 ssd that 2500k is a nice chip

Comment

I assume you mean i7-4770K 4th generation CPU?

Normally when you upgrade from a recent chipset to a new chipset you're fine. It gets tricky when you're using a really old chipset. I would do a full system backup before you change boards just to be safe.

Best case scenario, you start up the new build, possibly install any new drivers required, then call Microsoft to re-activate your Windows.

Comment

I have my W7 disc with 2 more installs on it, shouldn't Mirosoft recognize that? I bought it for three PC's!

I talked to a guy at FRY's about a board I was looking at and he said all I had to do is just plug everything in and W7 should work!(along with cpu)

BUT,I never listen to any of those guys, they all think there GURU's and they don't even shave yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
                If i was u i would upgrade board,gpu, and trade out hdd 4 ssd that 2500k is a nice chip
                I don't really understand the SSD drives! I have 2 Seagate barracudas 1tb each! I use one for data(my iso's) then I use my C drive for my Blu-ray rips, h264 autocopy MKV with HD Audio! Then transfer to AIOS!

If they work just fine on the AIOS, then I go back and delete all them!

What would SSD drives do in this set up?

Comment

I have my W7 disc with 2 more installs on it, shouldn't Mirosoft recognize that? I bought it for three PC's!
                  If you bought a 3 pack of keys you should be golden but what marty suggested would be a good idea try to get Microsoft to re activate you current coppie of w7 if it wont activate unless your going to keep ur i5 rig running no reason to waste a $100 + key

I don't really understand the SSD drives!
                  What would SSD drives do in this set up?
                  I have a 60 gb ssd in my htpc and the boot times are crazy it kills me seeing my g530 on a h67 board boot 90% faster then my i7 on z77 board and programs load so much faster.
                  Not to sure if it will increase time ripping mkv but im going to be upgrading my pc so im going for gtx 760 + 360 gb ssd for os and programs i cant stand the boot time on my i7 when my little 2 core is lightning fast

Im going to copy main movie to 720 rpm hdd then rip to ssd see if i can see any improvement in rip time
                  Last edited by Jonatan; 09-05-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X