Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WallySchwarz
    replied
    Will someone try this and let me know if it helped them?!

I went into Windows Defender, clicked on Settings, and then EXCLUDED the c:\program files(86)\DVDFab 9 directory.

Start up time went back to like 10 seconds on my tries.

Leave a comment:

• WallySchwarz
    replied
    I have been having nothing but problems. I couldn't get 9244 to install...just hung at "Finishing Installation".

Tried to uninstall, and it got hung up. Finally was able to uninstall via Revo Uninstaller.

Now it took about 25 minutes to install 9244, and more than 10 minutes to load the app.

It had been very slow loading for about 2 weeks now...I just figured it was some license server that was overloaded.

Once I had 9244 loaded, I went into Ripper, added a movie to rip to Apple TV 3...set the options, and then clicked Start...it took it 3 minutes 41 seconds to begin the rip.
    Last edited by WallySchwarz; 05-25-2016, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DCrusher
    replied
    Okay bright an early this morning had to run the wife's brand new car down to dealership battery died. DL the Beta 9.2.4.3 I think. It installed and closed itself. Then started app took 23sec to boot up happy with that so on to ripper I went started it nothing then I thought lets get rid of the GPU encoding so turned off all software encoding and she works again I don't know what the time is between software and non software is. But ran into another interesting thing if I let the Fab update itself it hiccups again it will install but never close itself so you have to Task Manager and End Task so turned around and reinstalled the Beta that I DL this morning and bingo worked fine. I'll DL the update from site and manually install and see if it works that way.. Nope from a fresh install it will not close itself after installing it has to be manually closed. Still playing with it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    You can signup for insider preview versions of Windows 10, I assume you didn't.

Leave a comment:

• DCrusher
    replied
    Originally posted by 90312 View Post
    368.22 came out yesterday and it works fine. You didn't install an insider version of W10 did you?
    What's an inside version of W10???

Leave a comment:

replied
    368.22 came out yesterday and it works fine. You didn't install an insider version of W10 did you?

Leave a comment:

• DCrusher
    replied
    I was sitting here reading my older post and started looking at Wilson wang sent me an older thread about the NVidia driver I just remember that I updated the NVidia driver earlier today before I started to use Fab. So we may be back to the graphic driver again. I'll look at that first thing in the morning and reverse back to an older driver if I can or see if Fab has a Beta out. Either one I don't want to do a full install of Windows again just to fix this problem there is got to be an easier way.

Leave a comment:

• DCrusher
    replied
    just letting it set there it finally booted up and ran 15 minutes later BUT now the RIPPER is GONE AGAIN!!! it just sets there and does nothing set there with that find subtitle BS on it... This is why I reinstalled Windows 10 I bounced back to Windows 7 and it worked like a champ then I went back to Windows 10 and installed this the first thing and it worked like a champ.. this is the thread I started on that issue never figure it out but I'm back to this issue again....

<span style="color:blue"><b> <span style="color:red"> </b></span>

Leave a comment:

• DCrusher
    replied
    I just click on the Fab App 10 minutes ago and it's running in Task Manager but nothing is booted up... I give up for tonight tomorrow another day...

Leave a comment:

• DCrusher
    replied
    Uninstall then go into C:\Windows/prefetch and delete all the files that begin with DVDFab then download the free version of Ccleaner and run it on the registry until it finds no issues, reboot and install from a downloaded installer. I did this and it went from over five minutes to load to about ten seconds.
    Nope didn't change anything still have to End Task on the Task Manager just to close the install program

Leave a comment:

replied
    Uninstall then go into C:\Windows/prefetch and delete all the files that begin with DVDFab then download the free version of Ccleaner and run it on the registry until it finds no issues, reboot and install from a downloaded installer. I did this and it went from over five minutes to load to about ten seconds.

Leave a comment:

• DCrusher
    replied
    Major 10 Problems

after starting the App 4 times and take forever to load... There is a problem I've already done this install uninstall 3 or 4 time it doesn't even want to finish the install I have to End Task to get it to finish. I've already been down the Fresh Windows 10 Install when I first installed it worked like a champ that was a week ago now we're bogged down. I don't know what changed BUT I can click on the Fab App 3 or 4 times and all of them show up in task manager and then after several minutes it finally boots up it works but there is still 4 apps running in task manager what gives I've already try the compatability mode crap that didn't work either.. So I'm at a stand still here is the fresh internal log after it finally booted up
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    Originally posted by mediachimp View Post
    CBR929,
    Please post your solution to the rest of us.
    Thanx,
    Fred
    For anyone wanting to stop Microsoft from prying into your Windows 10 see video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw
    Note that you take full responsibility should something go wrong.
    CBR929

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    This morning I did a clean uninstall, prefetch, scrubbed the registry and installed the latest beta release 9.2.4.3b. I'm back to 10 second load time too!
    Very strange

Leave a comment:

replied
    This morning I did a clean uninstall, prefetch, scrubbed the registry and installed the latest beta release 9.2.4.3b. I'm back to 10 second load time too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X