Windows 10 slowdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 slowdown

I have not received any windows update and dvdfab was running fine yesterday when backed up 4 titles - today i go to back up some more and it has taken 10 minutes to load the application

running Windows 10 Pro 64bit - v1511 (os build 10586.318)

Same here, worked fine yesterday? There was an update of some sort with no notification. Looks like MS trying to shut it down.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I moved this here to its own thread since it's not related to the insider release.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I put a stopwatch on it and it took five minutes and seventeen seconds to load!

Albert Einstein

Comment

loading fine here, less than 10 sec
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hope it stays that way for you pal. Walkerx and I have the issue for some reason?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Last updates for me from Microsoft were 5/14/2016. I also have a program on my computer that shuts down Microsoft's peeping Tom hole that they can't open back up LOL
              CBR929

PS I also thought it might be DEP settings, tried to add DVDFab to the exceptions list but Windows 10 wont let me, I'll find a way though.
              Last edited by CBR929; 05-22-2016, 01:50 AM. Reason: add text
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

CBR929,
                Please post your solution to the rest of us.
                Thanx,
                Fred

Comment

This morning I did a clean uninstall, prefetch, scrubbed the registry and installed the latest beta release 9.2.4.3b. I'm back to 10 second load time too!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    This morning I did a clean uninstall, prefetch, scrubbed the registry and installed the latest beta release 9.2.4.3b. I'm back to 10 second load time too!
                    Very strange

Comment

Originally posted by mediachimp View Post
                      CBR929,
                      Please post your solution to the rest of us.
                      Thanx,
                      Fred
                      For anyone wanting to stop Microsoft from prying into your Windows 10 see video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw
                      Note that you take full responsibility should something go wrong.
                      CBR929

Comment

Major 10 Problems

after starting the App 4 times and take forever to load... There is a problem I've already done this install uninstall 3 or 4 time it doesn't even want to finish the install I have to End Task to get it to finish. I've already been down the Fresh Windows 10 Install when I first installed it worked like a champ that was a week ago now we're bogged down. I don't know what changed BUT I can click on the Fab App 3 or 4 times and all of them show up in task manager and then after several minutes it finally boots up it works but there is still 4 apps running in task manager what gives I've already try the compatability mode crap that didn't work either.. So I'm at a stand still here is the fresh internal log after it finally booted up
                        Attached Files

Comment

Uninstall then go into C:\Windows/prefetch and delete all the files that begin with DVDFab then download the free version of Ccleaner and run it on the registry until it finds no issues, reboot and install from a downloaded installer. I did this and it went from over five minutes to load to about ten seconds.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                            Uninstall then go into C:\Windows/prefetch and delete all the files that begin with DVDFab then download the free version of Ccleaner and run it on the registry until it finds no issues, reboot and install from a downloaded installer. I did this and it went from over five minutes to load to about ten seconds.
                            Nope didn't change anything still have to End Task on the Task Manager just to close the install program

Comment

I just click on the Fab App 10 minutes ago and it's running in Task Manager but nothing is booted up... I give up for tonight tomorrow another day...

Comment

Working...
                              X