This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween

Time to break out all the scary movies and hope some great new ones come in time for the holiday. The Exorcist still freaks me out and yes I am a 42 year old man. A scared 42 year old man (blank stare) lol. So what's everyone's favorite scare flick? I have to throw up mentioned "The Exorcist" and another for Me would be (at the risk of getting fragged lol) "The Blair Witch Project". I think it's the simplicity of the movie leaving everything really to the imagination which makes me think I am either have a great imagination OR I'm simply disturbed. Don't be shy first time posters throw out some suggestions, no Goblins here

i cant watch faces of death or traces of death videos. ive tried, but to disturbing, have to shut it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
      ...So what's everyone's favorite scare flick?...
      oooh, good one, but tough! I love a good scary flick and some gore is just fine, I just not a fan on the truly evil stuff...you know...in your face reality.
      Anyway, back to your question.

Off the top of my head, "The Exorcist" has to be on the list.
      Loved the remake of "House on Haunted Hill" with Geoffrey Rush
      (love the original with Vincent Price too).
      The original "Halloween" (Jamie Lee Curtis) is always a good bet and maybe 1-2 sequels.
      "Scream" 1, 2 & 3 are good bets too.

This is tough, especially for an old fart like myself (60)!
      I'll give it some more thought when I get some downtime.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I had always thought the "Omen" movies were scary as sh1t with everything left to imagination without the blood and gore! (Another old fart !!!)
        Last edited by GregiBoy; 10-01-2009, 04:39 PM.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Oh no a mod double posting I'm looking forward to Trick R Treat that is out October 6th. The previews on Tv look pretty good

Comment

Yep.... Maineman must have had his brain elsewhere !!!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
              Oh no a mod double posting
              Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Yep.... Maineman must have had his brain elsewhere !!!!

What double post...I don't see a double post...

Ok, ok, I plead not guilty by reason of...uhh...doh!...I'm going with senile dementia...
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

"The Thing" is still up there as for scarey, and Curt Russell in the remake,well
                kinda hard to beat.
                Although haven't seen thirty days of night, which I hear is pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by troy512 View Post
                  i cant watch faces of death or traces of death videos. ive tried, but to disturbing, have to shut it off.
                  I never liked any of the faces of death type flicks either.

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                  Loved the remake of "House on Haunted Hill" with Geoffrey Rush (love the original with Vincent Price too).
                  The original "Halloween" (Jamie Lee Curtis) is always a good bet
                  I remember the original but I musta missed "House on Haunted Hill" the remake, gotta add that to my list.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  I had always thought the "Omen" movies were scary as sh1t with everything left to imagination without the blood and gore! (Another old fart !!!)
                  I do like the original but never cared for any sequels. (on the list to see, thanks)

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  Oh no a mod double posting I'm looking forward to Trick R Treat that is out October 6th. The previews on Tv look pretty good
                  I Googled this and watched a short preview, Trick r Treat so far seems like the scare flick to see. just watching the preview made me jump once or twice (no one saw me though lol) Thanks AGJ and late Happy Birthday. hope it was a good one.

Originally posted by touchdown_1 View Post
                  "The Thing" is still up there as for scarey, and Curt Russell in the remake,well
                  kinda hard to beat.
                  Although haven't seen thirty days of night, which I hear is pretty good
                  I agree, "the Thing" is tough to beat and so it's in the lineup for me watch, Thanks Touchdown_1. I liked "Thirty Days of Night" and I think you will too. Thanks and thanks for all the suggestions guys

Comment

Another new movie being released is Drag Me To Hell and will be available on October 13th

Comment

Ah !just thought of another favorite "Lets scare Jessica to Death", first saw it at a drive in theater, one of those movie's that really mess's with your mind. shudder

Comment

Thanks guys, 2 more I'm gonna have to see.

Comment

@ AGJ ok I got Trick 'r Treat and it was pretty good, reminded me of Creepshow from way back.
                          @ Touchdown 1 still looking for "Lets Scare Jessica to Death", being an older movie I may have to order online but I really want to see it.

another one I seen clips of and looks like it might be good is "Dark Country", its a new release and I seen a remake of one that I watched as a kid when I was 10-12 years old called "It's Alive". now I seen the original again maybe 2 years ago and thought it was sooo CHEESY but seemed scarier at a young age. I wonder if the remake is any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                            @ AGJ ok I got Trick 'r Treat and it was pretty good, reminded me of Creepshow from way back.
                            @ Touchdown 1 still looking for "Lets Scare Jessica to Death", being an older movie I may have to order online but I really want to see it.

another one I seen clips of and looks like it might be good is "Dark Country", its a new release and I seen a remake of one that I watched as a kid when I was 10-12 years old called "It's Alive". now I seen the original again maybe 2 years ago and thought it was sooo CHEESY but seemed scarier at a young age. I wonder if the remake is any good.
                            Hey, Wild and Blue, take a look at half.com, that's where I had to go for Jessica.
                            "Dark Country" sounds vaguely familiar, must have seen some trailers for it.
                            good luck with your search

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, a.s.a I get a chance I'm going to check it out. As for "Dark Country" I watched it and didn't like it at all lol just a very weak story line and the ending didn't connect the dots for me, so be warned lol

Comment

Working...
                              X