Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody spend a few minutes to explain . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auge_28 View Post
    I don’t know if the rules of the forum will allow you to advise me on what to use to make the MKVs.

I love DVDFab and will always use it, but it would be nice to be able to rip multiple audio streams for some of my film history DVDs with commentary . . . I have been tempted to rip the darn movie twice so that I could get the audio options.
    Fruit references removed.

GregiBoy knows better. He just likes to make the Moderator job more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      Fruit references removed.

GregiBoy knows better. He just likes to make the Moderator job more difficult.
      So, I take it thats a no . . . .

Comment

I suppose it is!!!

For Complication: I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for you guys that are labouring under difficult circumstances.

Where I do have an issue is with the lack of communication by the management and developers of Fab itself.

As far as knowing better & referring to "Other Software", I have NEVER referred to any other software by name. Any user would have to do their own research to find out what I was referring to as illustrated by Auge above.

Can you please provide a link where it is pointed out that this is against forum rules for the edification of all?
        Last edited by GregiBoy; 01-06-2011, 02:49 AM.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          As far as knowing better & referring to "Other Software", I have NEVER referred to any other software by name. Any user would have to do their own research to find out what I was referring to as illustrated by Auge above.

Can you please provide a link where it is pointed out that this is against forum rules for the edification of all?
          Lets just say that in my opinion your fruit reference is too specific as it becomes obvious to the educated reader what specific software you are referring to. I realize this is subjective but it is in line with the spirit of the rules rather than just the letter.

I know that you are an ardent supporter of DVDFab given the valuable time you spend here on the forums. There are plenty of places for people to get information on the other options out there. DVDFab has chosen not to play the comparison game. This should be a place focused on DVDFab only.

Comment

. . . reference is too specific as it becomes obvious to the educated reader . . .
            Hey, that hurts.

Lol, I tried looking for it and couldnt find anything . . . I'm smart, really I am.

Comment

Hey, that hurts.

Lol, I tried looking for it and couldnt find anything . . . I'm smart, really I am.
              Intelligence and education are not the same thing. Although, you often need certain amounts of one to attain some levels of the other.

Comment

Intelligence and education are not the same thing. Although, you often need certain amounts of one to attain some levels of the other.
                I was playing.

I’m a Software Test Engineer at Microsoft (specializing in regression testing of web based applications and GUIs); I study for my career every day. I know that no matter what I learn there is a vast amount I will never know. When people ask me what I do for work they will almost always ask me how to fix a computer problem they have… when I tell them that I have no idea how to fix their particular problem they will say something silly like “Oh, I thought you worked with computers”. As if they expect me to know absolutely everything about these machines and the infinite hardware/software environments they may be in.

I was thinking about this thread last night and realized that I don’t want multiple programs to mess around with DVDs, so I will wait for the feature I want to be available on DVDFab. Truly the only thing DVDFab does not do that I wished it did is let me rip more than one audio stream, something I read MKVs are great at handling. I am a film buff and amateur film historian with special interests in French New Wave and Film Noir . . . It would be nice to be able to rip the commentary stream on some of the films I watch/study and switch back and forth when needed, until then I will keep on keeping on.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  I suppose it is!!!

For Complication: I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for you guys that are labouring under difficult circumstances.

Where I do have an issue is with the lack of communication by the management and developers of Fab itself.

It the General Policies and link in my signature
                  Last edited by AGJ; 01-07-2011, 04:55 AM.

Comment

I was playing.

I’m a Software Test Engineer at Microsoft (specializing in regression testing of web based applications and GUIs); I study for my career every day. I know that no matter what I learn there is a vast amount I will never know. When people ask me what I do for work they will almost always ask me how to fix a computer problem they have… when I tell them that I have no idea how to fix their particular problem they will say something silly like “Oh, I thought you worked with computers”. As if they expect me to know absolutely everything about these machines and the infinite hardware/software environments they may be in.

I was thinking about this thread last night and realized that I don’t want multiple programs to mess around with DVDs, so I will wait for the feature I want to be available on DVDFab. Truly the only thing DVDFab does not do that I wished it did is let me rip more than one audio stream, something I read MKVs are great at handling. I am a film buff and amateur film historian with special interests in French New Wave and Film Noir . . . It would be nice to be able to rip the commentary stream on some of the films I watch/study and switch back and forth when needed, until then I will keep on keeping on.
                    That will be added in time but no idea when as it was already mentioned in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=6602

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                      That will be added in time but no idea when as it was already mentioned in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=6602
                      No hurry. Thanks.

Comment

well, I've been waiting for over 12 months so far, so don't hold your breath !!!

No hurry. Thanks.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                        X