X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB6 won't launch for me

Hi everyone..
    new poster but long time user of DVDFAB (registered copy only).

I've been using version 5.1.22 for quite a while but I was told recently by DVDFAB that there was a newer version - 6.1.25. So, I told it to upgrade and it downloads fine, installs fine with no error messages but never loads. Nothing. I get an hourglass for about 5 seconds and still, nothing. I still have DVDFAB5 running so I can always go back to that version and it still works.

I have tried searching the forum - one post suggested I right-click on the .exe and "set run as" to administrator. I am the administrator of this PC. I am running windows2k if that helps.

I also tried copying in my registration key from dvdfab5 to 6 but that really did nothing to help.

Thank you for reading..

You will need to obtain a new key for V6 from www.dvdfab.com
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No kidding? Was that in the instructions somewhere? Did I miss that during the install?
      At least the headbanging only wasted a couple hours of my time

Thank you for your help..

Comment

Originally posted by MCDVD View Post
        No kidding? Was that in the instructions somewhere? Did I miss that during the install?
        At least the headbanging only wasted a couple hours of my time

Thank you for your help..
        It listed here under Tutorial

Comment

THanks AGJ...

But, I'm just now getting back to this. I thought it was a bad windows update that I had recieved so I rebuilt my PC this past weekend (yes, windows 2k). Installed the latest version of DVDFab (6.2.1.8) as the previous version I installed (6.2.0.5) wouldn't run either. Same exact thing - the program won't even start. I get an hourglass for about 10 seconds and then it goes away. Task Mangler shows it running for 10 seconds and then it disappears. Where am I to copy a license (which I do have) into?

I have version 5 which launches without an issue. I have not installed Anti-virus yet.

This is a little frustrating (bet you never heard that before

Thanks for any help you could provide

Comment

well I have helped as much as I can as I do not have a 2k computer but I might if my brother will give in to me and give me his that he does not use any more

Comment

It must not be the OS, I have a W2K system back in the shack. I updated it to 6.2.1.8 and every thing is both hunky and dory! Did a movie to be sure.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Make sure that all service packs are installed.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You guys are great..

So, as far as the service packs go, I thought that was the problem to begin with, so that's why I formatted the harddrive and started over. I don't exactly have the funds to puchase a newer PC so that's the reason for the OS. It's been working fine until 6.0 came out - ever since then, no go.

I can update the service packs, but that's where I was before - fully up to date with service packs and the application responded the same way - only launched for a few seconds and died. Are there any logs I can look at to anyone's knowledge?

Thank you again....
                  Mike

Comment

From memory, I think you have to have W2K up to date with all service packs before Fab 6 will work.

Comment

My W2K machine is at SP4 with all updates and it works fine. The OS is not the problem, what else is installed on the computer?

Albert Einstein

Comment

I do remember a user at SP3 and he had to upgrade to SP4 to get it to work.

Comment

I think the OP was there, quote his post "I can update the service packs, but that's where I was before - fully up to date with service packs and the application responded the same way". That is why I think it's something else.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Let me ensure I have all updates...

I assumed (my mistake) that I was up to date with service packs. Let me go out and update with all applicable SP's and I'll let you guys know the results. Hope you are having a good new years so far!

Comment

Just go for SP4, it has all previous service packs in it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X