Version 8 does not recognize source drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Drives Version 8 does not recognize source drive

If anyone wants a good laugh, just try to use DVDFab technical support. These guys are absolute clowns. If my tech support team was so incompetent, I would fire all of them. They have been troubleshooting an issue for over one month and have yet to even ask for the system logs...I had to offer them. Their only solution is blindly try installing the latest software version, over and over and over again.

Goodbye DVDFab...

Here is an example of a recent issue where I had to contact support:

Hi John,

Please install DVDFab 8.0.6.8 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
    Sincerely yours,

--
    cici Jia
    DVDFab Support Team

Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:20 AM
    To: DVDFab support team
    Cc: cici@dvdfab.com
    Subject: Re: drive not recognized(Technical Support)

Hi Sunny,

I know you must be busy, but I am not sure that the support group at DVDFab is even bothering to READ THE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION. It is not a drive letter issue. DVDFab Version 7 works great. Every other program on my system works great. DVDFab Version 8 sees the drive as a VALID DESTINATION DRIVE, BUT NOT A VALID SOURCE DRIVE. We have wasted an entire month on this issue because nobody bothers to read the information I have repeatedly provided to Support.

Regards,

On 12/30/2010 5:00 AM, DVDFab support team wrote:
    > Hi john,
    >
    > Please right click on My computer->Computer Management→disk manager, right click the your optical drive,change the driveletter or path to another like G, H, etc.
    >
    > Then restart computer, run DVDFab to see if the movie disc in your optical drive can be recognized correctly or not.
    >
    > Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
    >
    > Sincerely yours,
    >
    > --
    > Sunny Fan
    > DVDFab Support Team
    >
    > From: Jon
    > Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:01 AM
    > To: DVDFab Support Team
    > Subject: Re: drive not recognized(Technical Support)
    >
    > Hi Cici,
    >
    > 8.0.5.6 does not work either. Yes, my DVD's play just fine on my PC. As I have said before, the DVD's also work just fine with DVDFab Version 7.x. Only 8.x does not work. It is obvious that SOMETHING THAT WAS CHANGED IN VERSION 8 IS THE PROBLEM. NOT MY DVD PLAYER, NOT THE DVD.
    >
    > At what point does this issue get escalated to engineering so my issue can be resolved? This ticket has been open for almost a month and I have been very patient. I think it is time that my issue is referred to another engineer. We are making absolutely no progress and now we are simply installing the latest version every day HOPING that the latest version will magically resolve the issue. As an IT professional, I understand that this is NOT how to resolve the problem.
    >
    > Let's move forward.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    >
    >
    > On 12/28/2010 2:51 AM, DVDFab Support Team wrote:
    >> Hi Jon,
    >>
    >> 1.Please install DVDFab 8.0.6.5 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm.
    >>
    >> 2. Please make sure that your orginal DVD discs can play well on your computer with windows media player or another video player(such as VLC Media Player)
    >> Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
    >>
    >> Sincerely yours,
    >>
    >> --
    >> cici Jia
    >> DVDFab Support Team

>> From: Jon
    >> Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2010 5:14 AM
    >> To: DVDFab Support Team
    >> Subject: Re: drive not recognized(Technical Support)
    >>
    >> Hi Cici,
    >>
    >> I installed a new drive today, an ASUS DRW-24B3LT. The problem still occurs. DVDFab does not recognize the drive as a valid source. You may want to speak with engineering on this issue because it seems to be a much more widespread problem than just my system. I have read your forums and found numerous references to this same/similar problem.
    >>
    >> http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8883
    >>
    >> http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...ecognize+drive
    >>
    >> http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...=version+drive
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> On 12/22/2010 6:17 PM, Jon wrote:
    >>> None of these suggestions work. I will try to buy a new drive and see if that drive is recognized by the software.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> On 12/21/2010 4:08 AM, DVDFab Support Team wrote:
    >>>> Hi Jon,
    >>>>
    >>>> 1.Task1-error 400 means open movie files failed.
    >>>>
    >>>> 2. Please click the tick green icon button at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "Pathplayer", deactive it to copy your movies again.
    >>>>
    >>>> 3.Please use Main Movie option to copy and paste to see the result.
    >>>>
    >>>> 4.Please open DVDFab first and then insert your disc to see whether DVDFab can recognize your drive or not.
    >>>>
    >>>> 5.Please disable all the other players to see the result.
    >>>>
    >>>> Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
    >>>>
    >>>> Sincerely yours,
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> cici Jia
    >>>> DVDFab Support Team
    >>>>
    >>>> From: Jon
    >>>> Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:46 AM
    >>>> To: DVDFab Support Team
    >>>> Subject: Re: drive not recognized(Technical Support)
    >>>>
    >>>> Hi Cici,
    >>>>
    >>>> Uninstalling and reinstalling does not resolve the problem. I have included additional information and the DVDFab log files. You can see from the below that DVDFab 8.0.6.1 does not see the drive either.
    >>>>
    >>>> Below is what DVDFab sees the drive as on the Info page:
    >>>>
    >>>> Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 8.0.6.1)
    >>>> Drive region: 1
    >>>> Drive region: 1
    >>>> Disc type: Unknown
    >>>> Disc is not opened.
    >>>>
    >>>> dvdfab_process.log
    >>>>
    >>>> dvdfab_burn_vso.log
    >>>>
    >>>> dvdfab_internal.log
    >>>>
    >>>> On 12/16/2010 11:47 PM, DVDFab Support Team wrote:
    >>>>> Hi Jon,
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Please uninstall and reinstall DVDFab 8.0.6.0 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> We send you the key to use DVDFab 8 in the attachment, you just need double-click it to register directly. The key of DVDFab 8 is the same as the key of DVDFab7/DVDFab 6 now.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Sincerely yours,
    >>>>>
    >>>>> --
    >>>>> cici Jia
    >>>>> DVDFab Support Team
    >>>>>
    >>>>> From: Jon
    >>>>> Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:33 AM
    >>>>> To: DVDFab Support Team
    >>>>> Subject: Re: drive not recognized(Technical Support)
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Hi Cici,
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Unfortunately none of these suggestions work. Strangely enough, DVDFab version 8x recognizes my drive as a valid TARGET destination, but will not recognize it as a valid SOURCE. I can burn stuff TO the drive using DVDFab version 8 without any problem. All other software on my machine works perfectly. The drive simply does not show up as a valid SOURCE in DVDFab version 8. It works perfectly with Version 7. Obviously DVDFab changed something in version 8 that conflicts with my drive: a Samsung SH-S223.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Thanks
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> On 12/11/2010 1:07 AM, DVDFab Support Team wrote:
    >>>>>> Hi Jon,
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> 1. Please open DVDFab program first, then insert your original movie DVDs to your DVD drive, then to see if the DVDFab can connect your DVD drive to recognize the original DVDs or not.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> If your DVDFab can't recognize original movies from DVD drive very well on your computer, please start the movie in your PC DVD Player (like PowerDVD) for a few seconds and then start the DVDFab analysis. Once the analysis starts, you can turn off the PC DVD player.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> 2.Please click the tick green icon button at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "Pathplayer", active/deactive it to copy your movies again.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
    >>>>>> Sincerely yours,
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> --
    >>>>>> cici Jia
    >>>>>> DVDFab Support Team
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> From: Jon
    >>>>>> Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 8:46 PM
    >>>>>> To: DVDFab Support Team
    >>>>>> Subject: Re: drive not recognized(Technical Support)
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Hi Cici,
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> You are not understanding the problem. IT DOES NOT SEE THE DVD-ROM DRIVE. I CAN'T BURN ANYTHING WITH IT.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> I can open folders on my desktop all day, I don't burn to/from my desktop, I burn to/from a DVD-ROM drive. Version 8 does not see the drive, Version 7 does.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Thanks,
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> On 12/7/2010 8:50 PM, DVDFab Support Team wrote:
    >>>>>>> Hi Jon,
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Please click on the yellow folder to choose the moive manually to see the result.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Sincerely,
    >>>>>>> Cici Jia
    >>>>>>> DVDFab Support Team
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> From: Jon
    >>>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:23 AM
    >>>>>>> To: DVDFab Support Team
    >>>>>>> Subject: Re: drive not recognized(Technical Support)
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Hi Cici,
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Not sure how much additional information I can provide: You have my OS version, my drive type and firmware revision, and I have stated that the drive is fully recognized and supported by version 7.x of DVDFab, but is not recognized by any version of DVDFab 8.x.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> I have attached screenshots of the issue so you can see firsthand.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Please let me know if you need additional information.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> On 12/7/2010 3:14 AM, DVDFab Support Team wrote:
    >>>>>>>> Hi Jonathan,
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> You need to exactly describe your problem in detail. The more information you offer, the more effective assistance we provide.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Thanks for your understanding! We will try our best to help you.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Sincerely,
    >>>>>>>> Cici Jia
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> --------------------------------------------------
    >>>>>>>> From:
    >>>>>>>> Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 6:38 AM
    >>>>>>>> To: "DVDFab" <service@dvdfab.com>
    >>>>>>>> Subject: drive not recognized(Technical Support)
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Technical problem:copy_problem
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Operating System:Windows 2003 Server
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Software Version:8.0.5.6
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> SoftwareVD to DVD
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> DVD Copy mode:Full Disc
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> DVD to play/copy:Any
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Message:
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Since upgrading to version 8.x, DVD Copy no longer recognizes my drive. Version 7.x of DVD Copy works properly.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Drive is a Samsung SH-S223 with latest firmware.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> I am a licensed user of DVD Copy.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Thanks,
    >>>>>>>>

Did you ever get resolution to this problem?

Windows XP SP3:
    I have a Blu-Ray player as (E Master and a DVD player as (F Slave on IDE channel. The Blu-Ray player (E will recognize both Blu-Ray and DVD discs through DVDFab 8.x.x.x but the DVD (F player will not recognize discs through DVDFab.

I can, however, put a DVD disc in the DVD player (F and Windows XP reads it fine.

When I choose the source drop down box in DVDFab, no drives are listed. When I choose the target drop down box in DVDFab both drives are listed.

Version 7.x.x.x always recognized both drives. Version 8.x.x.x never has.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Similar & different issues for me, but the same two inept people you dealt with through 7 or 8 emails.

Mine sees what BD is in the drive, but never opens it. I keep getting a glitch in the same place after ripping Despicable Me (after pre-ripping it with another app). Also, moving the slider up to get a higher kbps value gives me lower size output files.

Originally I had 8.0.7.3. Then they said "install beta 8.0.7.6". That didn't help anything, then the most recent email said "put 8.0.7.3 on to see if it helps".

Idiots don't even read the entire string of emails.

I've opened a dispute with PayPal to get a refund.

Comment

Optical Drive Problem.

Whilst I cant solve your problem, what I can say is that of a long time follower of the forums, its exceptionally rare that the DVDFab team, moderators or administrators fail to come up with a solution.

In just about every case you see it is something basic that the operator has not followed whether it be something simple like not installing as an administrator or not un-installing the previous version as advised in many places on the forum.

I would suggest the uninstalling and re installing the current version for starters.

I am not immune to problems myself, but in all cases it is usually something basic, a software conflict (usually the anti virus) or something that is picked up in the next beta release.

If this was a major issue, i think many other members would have reported the problem.

Please persevere before rocking the boat.

Comment

Hi all,

We wish to express our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and tough thing you've been experienced with DVDFab and our Serive Team.

Since this kind of issues about recognizing source drive, old version works, new version doesn't, etc. We need rule out every possible factors which may be the cause. So the forth and back emails were needed though annoying.

We have reported all of your problem to our techs, Operating System, optical drive model,moving the slider up to get a higher kbps value gives lower size output files, etc. We will try harder to check where the problem is. Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,
          --
          Sunny
          Last edited by sunny; 03-10-2011, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X