This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tli View Post
    Good point... Was there anything maybe under?

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\DVDFab\V6\

or

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\DVDFab\V6\
    Nope.

Originally posted by tli View Post
    Although this is not a recommended best practice, but as a test and last resort, you could try to uninstall DVDFab, disable UAC, reboot, reinstall DVDFab & check if DVDFab would start properly, then re-enable UAC, and reboot. This action may correct any potential installation issue that might not have configured the registry properly. Disabling UAC may--or may not--make any difference but you might give it a try as I'm out of ideas now.
    Still no luck.

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
    The big thing with Win 7 is that even though you are logged in under a administrator account when you want to install a program and you do not want to keep seeing that pop up you have to right click the install file and Run As Administrator.

You may be logged in as an Administrator but you are not an operating system administrator, to install system files.
    I see, I did not realize that. I googled how to enable the "real" Administrator account in Windows 7 (Administrative Tools --> Computer Management --> Local Users and Groups --> Users --> Right-click, Properties on Administrator --> Uncheck "Account is Disabled"). After doing this (and revo uninstalling DVDFab once again), I logged in as Administrator and reinstalled. Still no luck.

One other thing I tried was creating a User account (remember I said my normal login is set up as an administrator), and trying to install by running the setup program via Run As Administrator. This didn't work at all.... after selecting my language for DVDFab, I got an error saying this program has to be run while logged in as an Administrator.

Comment

Same situation

I'm still running DVDFab 5.2.3.2 (free mode) on WinXPproSP1 as I've never been able to get any of the DVDFab 6 releases to run :-( Even on a clean newly XP re-installed setup :-(

Very frustrating when even the 30 day trials won't run.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightFire View Post
        I'm still running DVDFab 5.2.3.2 (free mode) on WinXPproSP1 as I've never been able to get any of the DVDFab 6 releases to run :-( Even on a clean newly XP re-installed setup :-(

Very frustrating when even the 30 day trials won't run.
        Start a help thread in General chat section of the forum and I am sure we can get it to work for you

Comment

I would suggest that if you installed XP Pro SP3 you may have more luck.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Tried, that's why I'm back at a fresh install with my SP1 disc; going to SP3 is not an option at the moment as that computer is no longer attached to the Internet.

Comment

You can download it somewhere else, put it on a USB stick and apply from there.

I am pretty sure SP3 is needed to resolve your problem.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

miked

After logging in under the login that you will be using for everyday use did you go to the " DVDFab6205Beta.exe " file Right click on it and choose " Run as administrator " .

Just wanting to make sure we all know for sure the steps that you took, Win 7 is a good solid platform and you should not be having this trouble.

I have installed on several different computers and laptops that I have here at work and had no trouble when following theses steps to load the program on all of them, I have HP's ( Laptops and Boxes ),Acer's , Systemax,IBM, Custom built boxes and had no trouble at all.

The only other thing that I can come up with is Virus or Firewall settings stopping you ,but with those you usually get a different pop up.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

miked

After logging in under the login that you will be using for everyday use did you go to the " DVDFab6205Beta.exe " file Right click on it and choose " Run as administrator " .
                  Yep, that's how I did it.

The only other thing that I can come up with is Virus or Firewall settings stopping you ,but with those you usually get a different pop up.
                  I've turned off my firewall completely during this ordeal, and I don't have anti-virus software installed.

The DVDFab support team suggested that other DVD decrypting software I have installed may be conflicting, but I don't have any other decrypting software installed.

Comment

If you are running on-the-fly decryptors and even sometimes Nero has had issues with DVDFab, sometimes though it's rare that a burning app has caused problems with other software loading also.

The UAC pop up points to not being loaded properly or being blocked by something else.
                    Not familiar with some of your other Apps to tell if one of them is the problem.Though one must be. I will keep thinking about it but right now I am out of ideas.

Sorry hope you can get it worked out, and let us know what and how you did it.
                    It is such a good program to have and have working.
                    Last edited by W&B; 11-20-2009, 02:59 PM. Reason: re-phrased reference

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Trying Falcon D/L media

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Again, I agreed with everything bean55 said.

I checked your list of installed program again, and you might want to see if the following suspects for potential conflict:

FormatFactory
                      The KMPlayer

I don't know anything about these programs but I think they could pose operational issues with DVDFab.

Comment

Sorry Bean55, please don't take my edit personal. Only a friendly reminder to a valued asset to this site which is you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                          Sorry Bean55, please don't take my edit personal. Only a friendly reminder to a valued asset to this site which is you.
                          Not taking it personal at all, and I do understand.But

Just wondering how you can help others when you can't mention other software by name after trying and looking at all the other possible conflicts as we had done, I would think that even though it would be very hard to monitor that there should be exceptions to the rule.

Just my 3 cents and all I can say is sorry I will try and watch myself better.

Help Us Help You :

Trying Falcon D/L media

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

I wrestle with that myself. Honestly All I can suggest is being more imaginative? It's a tricky one I admit and please continue to offer assistance, your help is much appreciated not only by me but everyone here. Maybe Signals or Maineman will offer a better solution.

Comment

I had to step away from this issue for a few days - it was driving me batty, so that's why no replies for awhile.

Great news, though, I got it working! I ended up running the Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow from elevated command prompt), and it reported a corrupted file called evr.dll (Enhanced Video Renderer), which sounded real fishy. SFC could not automatically fix the corrupted file, so I ended up repairing my Windows 7 installation (which is pretty much the same as doing an upgrade from, say, Vista to 7 - programs, settings, and files are kept intact). After that was finished, I ran SFC again, and the evr.dll corruption was gone (now I've got other corrupt files, but I guess that's a whole nutha story). I launched DVDFab 6 and it started up right away! I haven't had a chance to try backing up any DVDs, but I'm pretty confident my problem has been solved. And I should say, I'm not even positive the evr.dll was the issue - could have been something else that the Repair fixed, but it seems the most likely culprit to me.

So thanks all who spent time trying to troubleshoot this with me, it is very much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by miked View Post
                                Great news, though, I got it working!
                                Hey Mike, congrats! That is great news.
                                Man, you are one patient guy.
                                I would have formatted and done a new install awhile back...although, like my good friend signals, I do love a good mystery...

Sounds like this was your only problem and your system is stable.
                                Are you planning on reformatting anyway?
                                Not to tell you what to do and I know you know what you're doing..but I think I'd wipe the hdd and start over.
                                We all know how much fun that is...getting everything reloaded...
                                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                                X